Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default P&GD9 (and XDP) screen grab problem

If I do an Alt-PrtSc to copy my P&GD9 window to the clipboard, then paste it back in, it comes back in with anything that was white now transparent. But if I paste the same screen grab into Photoshop 7, then copy it from Photoshop 7 back into P&GD9, it comes back in OK, with the transparent areas now white, as you'd expect.

This also happens with my XDP. See image below. It shows the P&GD screen after I have copied it and pasted it back in (without going to Photoshop). This never happened with my older Xara programs, like Xtreme Pro 5.

Any ideas -- or are these new Xara programs just inherently 'transparent'? Am using an Acer netbook, Win 7 starter edition.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xdp-screen-transparent.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	64.7 KB 
ID:	96460  
    Author -- 'Drawing for Money' and 'Self-Publishing Secrets', at Jon404.com

Default Re: P&GD9 (and XDP) screen grab problem

Followup to above post -- here's a screen grab from my older Xara Xtreme Pro 5 (circa 2009), where I can take a screen grab of it, then paste it back in, without anything going transparent, without having to go back and forth with Photoshop. Using Xtreme Pro 5 on same Acer netbook as XDP and P&GD9.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xtrm-pro-5 screen-no-trans.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	76.7 KB 
ID:	96463  
    Author -- 'Drawing for Money' and 'Self-Publishing Secrets', at Jon404.com

Did you read Gerry's response? That function was changed. It affects some video cards/drivers and not others (mine is not affected).