Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

View Poll Results: Would you want to use Google Glass?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. I definitely want it.

2 11.76%
  • No. I wouldn't buy or use one.

9 52.94%
  • Yes. If the price was low or it was a gift.

1 5.88%
  • Not sure.

5 29.41%
  • I would use it at home.

0 0%
  • I would use it at work.

0 0%
  • I would use it all the time.

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Google Glass

Default Re: Google Glass

Quote Originally Posted by Albacore View Post
    No I don't see it being used in the home we have smart phones for that as normally people either agree to be filmed or not by using their own reactions. To me this piece of technology should be used by who use at the moment Go Pro or something similar, recording their heroic deeds at sport, work, on the battlefield, walking a beat like a policeman, going into a fire, walking in drainage tunnel, I could go on. In some of these areas there is a chance of your personal space being invaded but that is up to society in general to make the rules of usage.

I have only seen one person using Google Glass and that was an American tourist in Glasgow taking in the views of buildings. My only reaction here when I saw the man was that he looked a right dork and totally out of place as he wanted, I thought, to show everyone around "hey I got Google Glasses".
    Yeah, definitely way too "dorky" for me too. Now, if they come out with Google Glass contacts... :P
    IP

The jury is still out on this one, it's hard to be totally negative or positive about google glass for now . I am waiting to see the final version without all the hype and speculation. As with all consumer products that want to be the next big thing, Everything depends on the over all acceptance of the final version. It still not selling in my country.
    IP

I did not vote in the poll but I think Google Glasses could be very dangerous
    IP

Bit like asking 20 years ago:

"Would you use a mobile phone?" Today nearly all the advanced countries populations can't live without one.

or

"Would you buy an Amstrad videophone with email, internet & much more..". It disappeared before it got off the ground.

Only time can tell
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

I'm not sure if I would use them. Need to try them first.
    IP

the glass has just been released in south Africa via take a lot , it is ridiculously expensive 27k. I am eager to test drive it though
    IP

I am too late to the poll as well (I didn't even notice the thread until this morning). No I wouldn't buy Google Glass, but then aside from using computers, digital software like Xara, digital cameras, scanning equipment, and printers, I'm really not a tech guy at all...

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Bit like asking 20 years ago:

"Would you use a mobile phone?" Today nearly all the advanced countries populations can't live without one.
    My answer to this question, if you asked me today is "no." I don't have a smart phone now, nor previously, nor do I want one. I have a land-line. If you want to talk to me on the phone, I have to be in hearing distance from my landline. If I'm driving in my car, with no smart phone, I will never be interrupted with a phone call nor a text message. I never want to learn how to text on the phone, for that matter.

As an aside, despite being a cartographer for the game industry, and having recently completed a commission of over a dozen maps for the next strategy guide for Activision Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, I have never previously played a video console game. I've never owned, nor played a Nintendo, Play Station, XBox or similar system, not in the entire history of digital console games. In my recent job site visit for the above mentioned video game cartography gig, I was required to play Call of Duty using an XBoxOne unit and controller 12 hours a day for 8 days straight, as research for doing the map commission. This was the first time ever, that I even held a game controller in my hands. I became familiar enough with the controller to negotiate moving around the terrain of the game levels, but not expert enough to survive actually playing.

The point is despite working in a highly computerized field of digital graphics, in most other ways I'm anti-tech - so you'll never see me with an IPad, smart phone, Google Glass, nor a game console device. I do have a laptop that I will carry to some job sites, but only as a requirement for working in my profession (and PCs at my shop, of course.)
    IP

google glass makes my eye dry. Anybody has such suffering?
    IP

I would like to try it first. Anyway, I think it is a little expensive tbh..
    IP

If you haven't heard about the excitement around Google Glass – the head-mounted glasses that can shoot video, take pictures, and broadcast what you're seeing to the world – then here's an idea of the interest in them. Last week, someone claiming to be testing Glass for Google auctioned their $1,500 (£995) device on eBay. Bidding had reached $16,000 before eBay stopped it on the basis that the person couldn't prove they had the glasses.
    IP