Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default PNG exported HxW not matching Selection

I have an interesting little problem.

I am exporting PNG w/Alpha however the final result is not the size set at Export.

My Working page is set to 2048x2048. I have a box, with clear fill set as a frame also 2048x2048. All object are within the Frame.

I do a select all and Xara report that everything comes to 2048x2048. When I get to the Export setting the Width and Height shows as 2048x2048, BUT up under the viewing area in the settings window is says the PNG will be 2099x2130 and if I export that is what I get.

Now what I am actually after is 1024x1024 and when I change the WxH to 1024 is say I will get 1050x1065 which is what the Final output ends up being.

I have done dozens of these without issue. Normally if the is a stray bit or a Tranparent edge of a bitmap or object sticking out I find it when I do the select all because it report then pixel size as being bigger than I want.

Now I have found a solution and that is to set the “Area to Save” to Page.

But the fact that the reported size when Selected doesn’t carry through has me stumped.

Default Re: PNG exported HxW not matching Selection

Delizar, could you attach your xar file?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Sure Egg, be happy too. I should have done that in the first place.
    TD Jeans Black.xar

Thank for providing the file.

This is what I get when I export the page as a PNG image at the 1024 x 1024 dimensions.

Take care, Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture-000322.png 
Views:	136 
Size:	17.6 KB 
ID:	96411  

Delizar, a tremendous amount of detail in these layers.
    I created a second page and added a box of 2,048px square and got the same as a PNG export.
    I unlocked your page dimensions and expanded them.
    I then set the View Quality to minimum and found your Scan Lines Frame has a photo that extended beyond your frame to the bottom and to the right.

I hide all layers and opened them in blocks until the dimensions changed:
    Shape - 2049 x 2048
    Belts\Belt Buckle 3 - 2049 x 2060

All I can suggest is you work through as I did and adjust where there is a change.

Acorn

Problem is that selecting all Xara states the size is 2048 x 2048 and exporting it leads to the size being stated as 2048 x 2048 but it's actually exported at 2099 x 2130.

The layer creating the error is Jeans Texture. If this is made non selectable the png exports correctly @ 2048 x 2048 (The rectangle on Layer Frame needed tweeking up and left a bit.

Try it.

EDIT: I only exported the frames that were visible in Delizar's supplied web file. The invisible ones I made un-editable.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	47.0 KB 
ID:	96412   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.png 
Views:	95 
Size:	53.2 KB 
ID:	96413  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	58.3 KB 
ID:	96414   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	49.5 KB 
ID:	96415  

Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 31 May 2013 at 06:15 PM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thank you all for your time in looking at this.

I was aware that some of the Layers that were Non-visible fell outside the Page and My Frame.

Egg, I tried it and yes doing those things did work......BUT the Frame is exactly 2048x2048 with and X=0 Y=0. So it shouldn't be off.
    Also the Jean Texture is W=1644 H=2028 with an X=0 Y=0 so shouldn't fall outside the page.
    And as Egg hit in on the head. The real weirdness is that looking at what is there and where it is, added to the Reported size of the Selection the question still remains as to why the actual Export is not the same as the size Selected.

Again thank you all for taking your valuable time to look at my little conundrum. And for offering alternative solutions.

I believe it's something to do with the bitmap on that layer but what exactly I don't understand.
    Egg

The quick way to solve this is to expand the Jeans Texture Layer, select the object "feathered" cut and then copy into a new xar document.
    In the bitmap gallery you'll see this is a 411 x 507 96ppi image but on the page it's 1644 x 2028. Select the page version and create bitmap copy / png + alpha at 96 ppi.

Cut the resultant png and paste it into the original and align.

You still need to do a bit of tweaking as the total is 2048 x 2049 but that easily sorted.

I attach amended xar file.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Dang Egg, your like a dog on a bone. And we are all thankful for that.

I agree that that Object is the culprit. And the size of 1644x2028 is correct. And it is correctable the way you describe. However, the WHY still remains. That object at that size at that position is on the page. And shouldn't be effecting the over all size.

Now that being said, I recall doing an early test export and didn't have a problem. I Feathered that object later, so possibly the Feather effect has something to do with the issue. Not near that machine at the moment, but I will try removing the effect and see what happens.
    Last edited by Delizar; 31 May 2013 at 07:56 PM. Reason: typo