Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Print webpages directly to PDFs

I use WD7 plus a word search prog to create puzzles that incorporate scripture.
    I've been saving each page(puzzle) to a png and stuffing it in OOdoc and saving it as a pdf... whew!
    I tried out a pdf driver I used years ago and it works beautifully. From inside WD7, I pick the 995 driver and slicker than anything. PDF995. (com, I think).
    OH. it does its thing without being on line... and did I say it's totally free? You get a few nag popups,
    but it saves me tons of time. If ya wanna see my stuff look at:

bobgriggsmin.info/dia/ine.htm
    I've created almost a THOUSAND of these duo-puzzles.
    I'm now making them into booklets!!

p.s. I've got WD8prem, but it's not as smoooooooth as WD7.

Gramps

Default Re: Print webpages directly to PDFs

Hi Gramps. Your pdf print outs are just a pdf containing an image. Why don't you use WD7 or WD8 to create your puzzles so they can be printed out directly from your site.

I've run your pdf through an OCR program to convert the image to text (You wouldn't need to do this of course) to give you an idea of what I'm thinking. The clues section was a mess so I couldn't reproduce this.

Anyway attached is a xar file. Open it & preview. Hit the print button. Hit the answers button. Hit print again. You could even have each individual answer on it's own pop-up layer.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hey Egg,

Very classy. How did you get the diff colors? I hope you didn't have to assign them separately. That would be a TON of extra work. Like I said, I've got a thousand of these, with 26 words in each one. Since the prog does the circling, I don't have errors in the ans image as you did with the word across the bottom.
    About 90 percent of the work I do with my WD7 is non-webpage. I make flyers and covers for my booklets and the stories I write.
    Maybe we're talking spoons and forks here. I print my booklets and send quantities of them to missionaries and even jail ministries. No staples or rubber bands or strings to bind them. The other thing is that the letters have to be large for tired eyes. (nursing homes). As you can see, most of my 'audience' has no access to internet or printers. This all got started when a missionary's wife has barretts syndrome, lupus, and a couple other things. She doesn't have the strength to hold a full Bible in her hands like you and I do.
    Egg, I'm 73 and I've found that most things; cyber, the more 'classy' you make it the more you decrease your 'audience'.
    .grin. I started computing on a RadioShack Color Computer. You can check out my mega library at ChurchKids.org.

Thanks so much for your attention and ideas. I'll stay tuned...
    Gramps

I just replied & it disappeared! The text is only small on my example as it was gleaned from an OCR program. The coloured answers are merely rounded rectangles with the line colour changed. Does the word search software you use output text or a graphic.

You should upgrade to Xara Designer, it has a pdf export filter in built. You've just missed the chance to get Xara Designer 5 for free. I'm not sure if this had the pdf export filter.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host