Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: Just Released: Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 9

Quote Originally Posted by xtom View Post
    Or you could just resist the temptation of WD and P&GD and wait for the Designer Pro. I know it's hard to ignore all the exciting new stuff but it makes for a less interrupted work flow
    Well, yeah... there's always the voice of reason! Somehow I managed to survive and handle the few projects I had like this in the past with the OLD version of the tools...

Well. I bought P&GD, because, for less than US $70, it was irresistible, and, because I'm retired, what's the song? 'Who could ask for anything more?' Something like that.

For you, Jon, it's even simpler. Take P&GD, and assume that the next XDP won't come along for two more months. So then it's like -- 'does P&GD have any new features that will help me earn an extra $35 per month, until July 31?' Same with Web Designer. What do you think?
    Author -- 'Drawing for Money' and 'Self-Publishing Secrets', at Jon404.com

Quote Originally Posted by jon404 View Post
    Well. I bought P&GD, because, for less than US $70, it was irresistible, and, because I'm retired, what's the song? 'Who could ask for anything more?' Something like that.

For you, Jon, it's even simpler. Take P&GD, and assume that the next XDP won't come along for two more months. So then it's like -- 'does P&GD have any new features that will help me earn an extra $35 per month, until July 31?' Same with Web Designer. What do you think?
    Thanks Jon -- I was working on a very similar type of rationalization. Also - in today's brief experiments (trying to create my own slide-out vertical menu bar), I'm finding that certain features in WD9 work properly--but actually don't cooperate quite as well in XDP. I'm actually about to post a test file in the other thread where I'm discussing that. The file works properly, and can be previewed (CTRL-F5) properly in WD9, but does NOT work properly in the previewer in XDP8. I also love the idea of using Google Fonts. I know that I can manually download them via Google's own tools, but doing it from within the Xara tools is SO much easier.

To your point: although I can certainly use the last generation of tools, I'd love to jump on the new features -- and I've got a paying project right now where I can apply them.... It's also almost Father's Day...and these might make a lovely present to myself for the occasion...