Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Difficulty publishing new page

I changed a page on my website but when I try to upload it I get the following error message and the upload aborts

index_htm_files: No such file or directory

Is Xara looking for these files on the server or on my computer? In any case there is such a file on both! Any help greatly appreciated,

Gil

Default Re: Difficulty publishing new page

Welcome to TalkGraphics Gil

When you publish your website, Web Designer creates a folder index_htm_files which contains all images, scripts, and such material. This file is referenced in all of the HTML documents you create.

That said, how are you publishing your site?

Thanks for the quick reply Gary. I simply click on "File" and then "Publish website" on the drop down menu. It has always worked fine up to now but I get the error message I described. There is a sub folder called index_htm_files in the folder containing the website on my hard drive but for some reason Xara is telling me that it does not exist! Thanks for any advice, help that you can give,

Best wishes,

Gil
    Billingham UK

Perhaps it will work if you export the website to a new folder and try to publish again.

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    Perhaps it will work if you export the website to a new folder and try to publish again.
    I tried that but still get the same message that the folder index_htm_files cannot be found and as you can see that folder is there!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OS web.site.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	54.6 KB 
ID:	96342

Any other ideas or suggestions will be gratefully recieved,

Gil

Gil

Try publishing to a folder on your desktop. The use Filezilla or any FTP transfer utility to upload the files and folders to your server.

Let us know if this works.

It might also be a matter of having our web host change the folder permissions for your publishing.

....or the hosting space for the account is full.

.... also check you're publishing to the public_html folder (or wherever the root folder your hosting company says to load too) on your server as some won't let you create folders above this level. Also try publising to a local folder without the exclamation mark and spaces within the name and just lowercase characters. "OS Web site!"
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	INDEX PAGE 1.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	96736Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Index 2.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	65.1 KB 
ID:	96737Hi all,
    Thanks for your suggestions. I cannot see how to publish the website to my desk top. The only option when I click publish is a web site. I am using the settings in the publish dialogue box that I input the very first time that I published it to the web.

When the last upload failed it has corrupted the index page . I have shown the original and the corrupted index page. All the other pages are as normal!

I tried to delete the complete web site but I did not have the necessary permission. I will contact my web hosts re this. Would it be advisable to delete all the files on the server and try to begin again by publishing the site again.

I tried to upload a changed page when I was on holiday in Australia and was working remotely on my PC in the UK. Could this have caused the problem?

Thanks again for your help,

Gil

Quote Originally Posted by Gil Smith View Post
    I cannot see how to publish the website to my desk top.
    File>>Export website