Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Caps and Small Caps

How to you type text with caps and small caps?? Is it necessary to type in all caps then increase the size of the first letter in each word manually?? Thanks, Lew

Default Re: Caps and Small Caps

Lew, there's nothing wrong with doing that.
    After you have styled your first letter in size and colour, you could use the Clipboard copy function (Ctrl-C) and then Ctrl-Shift-A for any other highlighted letter you like.
    Very easy to apply.

In CSS3, you would use a Page head Placeholder:
    Code:
    <style>
    span:first-letter
    {
    font-size:200%;
    color:#8A2BE2;
    }
    </style>
    Acorn

P.S. the problem with this is how Xara renders a text area as a set of SPAN tags so each one with have an initial large letter.

Not a web related question or forum, Acorn

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Not a web related question or forum, Acorn
    Sorry, I guess you're telling me I posted on the wrong forum, sorry, I will try another forun. Thanks, Lew

No, Gary was saying that your question was not obviously web page related and is not in the web design forum so Acorn explaining how to use CSS to do it was a little premature...

Gerry

After looking at this, I think I'm in the correct palce. My question is related to print graphics, not web. For example when I format type in InDesign I can highlight the type and click on a button that will yield caps and small cap lettere in my headline or sentence. That is what I'm asking. Thanks again, Lew

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Yes Lew you are definitely in the right place for this question Getting back to the question at hand you can use styles to work around this. Type out your text in all caps and select the first letter you wish to be a large cap. Set the point size as you wish to create your large cap. With this letter still selected use the Styles drop down to create a new style you can name as you wish some thing like large caps would be fine. Switch to the selector tool and hold ctrl +shift and select all the rest of the the letters you wish to be large caps and keeping them selected switch back to the text tool and use the styles list to apply your new large caps style.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Quote Originally Posted by Artworx View Post
    Sorry, I guess you're telling me I posted on the wrong forum, sorry, I will try another forun. Thanks, Lew
    Not at all, I'm pointing out to Acorn that he may have mistaken your topic as a web related question and not noticed that this is not a web related forum therefore his CSS suggestion is redundant.

Quote Originally Posted by GerryI View Post
    No, Gary was saying...
    My apologies, it was sledger that was saying...

Gerry

Thanks Frances, tomorrow AM I will do as you suggest and will let you know if I can't get it to work right!! Thanks, Lew.