Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Object Rotate

Default Object Rotate

Hi is there any way to measure the angle of rotation of an object such as a photo - my client wants a strip of 5 photos 1 in the middle and 2 each side that angle inwards - its no problem using the rotation handle but I can't find a way of making sure they are all at the same angle

Cheers

Default Re: Object Rotate

Not sure if I am reading your question correctly, but you can enter a precise amount in the Angle of Selection text entry box. Press Enter to apply the rotation.

Add a minus sign (-) to rotate clockwise.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	angle of selection.png 
Views:	86 
Size:	9.0 KB 
ID:	96044  

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Not sure if I am reading your question correctly, but you can enter a precise amount in the Angle of Selection text entry box. Press Enter to apply the rotation.

Add a minus sign (-) to rotate clockwise.
    Thanks for that - one small irritation is it doesn't keep the angle info but goes back to 0 unlike say the object width & height

Cheers

Geoff

I agree. It would be excellent if the information was retained so you could continue to rotate the same degree numerous times.

One thing I have done in the past when creating something like the tick marks on a clock face is to set the Angle Constraint (Page Options > General) to a specific degree such as 6.

Then I click twice on the object to be rotated to show the rotation point, drag the rotation point to where the selection needs to rotate from, then hold down the Ctrl key (to constrain the angle of rotation), the right click and drag/rotate. Each time you release the right mouse button, a duplicate is dropped at the angle you have set.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I agree. It would be excellent if the information was retained so you could continue to rotate the same degree numerous times.

One thing I have done in the past when creating something like the tick marks on a clock face is to set the Angle Constraint (Page Options > General) to a specific degree such as 6.

Then I click twice on the object to be rotated to show the rotation point, drag the rotation point to where the selection needs to rotate from, then hold down the Ctrl key (to constrain the angle of rotation), the right click and drag/rotate. Each time you release the right mouse button, a duplicate is dropped at the angle you have set.
    That's a neat trick I must give it a try - have you an example in the xarazone?