Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Calendar widget

Default Calendar widget

Hi there, not sure if what i am trying to find is impossible

I have had lots of success with finding widgets from J QUERY and using them with a placeholder. Now I am looking for one more but I can't seem to find anything.

I have a training center so I have a list of classes on my website and some class descriptions. My classes run in 6 week increments with breaks in between as needed. What I am looking for is a mini calendar that I can place next to the description that indicates a starts date. I don't need all the class dates just the start date.

Now for the really hard part..... finding a calendar that I can change quickly but remains static to the viewer. I don't really want to use a subscription service with an event calendar because most of them only allow for one calendar and I will need several mini ones. I need to be able to change dates as my classes come and go.
    I am also open to any other solutions to my dilemma.

Thanks

Diana

Default Re: Calendar widget

You might look at Google calendars.

I set up one for my yoga teacher http://yogacrossroads.com/classes.html. Any changes she makes to the calendar are instantly updated on her website.

Basically, you create and manage the calendar on Google's site, and use a placeholder to link to the calendar.

Hi Diana, this looks like it might be what your after Mini Calender

Thanks for the suggestions. I did try google but they don't have a mini calendar.
    How do I know the "mini calendar" will work with xara? I guess for $5 it can't be that bad if it doesn't

OK I just purchased it now I have no clue what to do with it?

Diana

Diana, go to http://codecanyon.net/item/dzs-jquer...lendar/3372045.

Create a Rectangle somewhere on your Xara page.
    Highlight the Rectangle and pick Web Properties > Placeholder > HTML code (body).
    Copy all the HTML Structure code in the DZS page into this. and click OK and the Apply.
    Pick Web Properties > Placeholder > HTML code (head) and copy all the JavaScript code into this, click OK and Apply.

In the head you need to replace the <script> with the following:

Code:
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.8.3/jquery.min.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="dzscalendar.js"></script>
    All the above is a rough guess.
    From what I have seen of the site you bought it from , it is simply shelling the developer's site and the examples and detail are very lax.

I have had to guess the dzscalendar.js bit but you have to upload whatever it is called into a part of your site. People usually use Firezilla for this but I imagine this is opening a can of worms for you.

You will really have to read the supplied documentation.

Good luck,
    Acorn