Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wacom Intuos5

Default Re: Wacom Intuos5

Firstly, apologies for not responding sooner. I am subscribed to this Thread using email notification, but for some unknown reason I am not getting notified...... and the notifications are not in the Spam folder either. Was working fine untill 3 days ago ???

I will go through your feedback and reply shortly.

T.

Quote Originally Posted by Christine Farrelly View Post
    Q4

Yes the tablet can be wireless - I got about 4 hours out of a fully charged battery.

Christine
    Thanks Christine. 4 hours per day would normally be sufficient for my work.

T.

The pad worked well for 4 years plus and finally the pen became unusable
    Thanks Egg. If I got 4 years service from the pad I think that I would be more than satisfied.

T.

Hi Tabvla

For what's its worth, I still rely every working day on a Wacom Sapphire which I must have had for 9 years now. And that's not just when I'm drawing or designing in Xara, I use it all the time in place of a mouse. Never a problem, original pen and "nib". I know its not the model you're asking about, but its testament to Wacom quality. There are other similar small Wacom tablets at home which get less intensive use but have equally been faultless for around 5 years or more now.

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by JonH27 View Post
    Hi Tabvla

For what's its worth, I still rely every working day on a Wacom Sapphire which I must have had for 9 years now. And that's not just when I'm drawing or designing in Xara, I use it all the time in place of a mouse. Never a problem, original pen and "nib". I know its not the model you're asking about, but its testament to Wacom quality. There are other similar small Wacom tablets at home which get less intensive use but have equally been faultless for around 5 years or more now.

Jon
    Thanks Jon - don't know of too many products that last 9 years. Certainly is a recommendation.

The problem with the Intuos5 is that it is a "virtual" product, in that it only exists in the realm of the Internet. When one is considering a product for the first time it is really helpful if one can actually see, touch, feel the real product in the real world. If you visit a retail outlet you will find every flavour of the Bamboo on display and in some highstreet stores you may even be able to physically use the product to create something. Then ask the sales assistant "Do you stock the Wacom Intuos?" and you will be greeted with a vacant stare and the inevitable "The what? No don't think so. Never heard of it".

So at the moment my thinking is that perhaps I should go for one of the Bamboo models (which I can at least evaluate in the real world) and then in a year or so upgrade to the Intuos if I feel that I need more than the Bamboo.

That brings me to a second decision - which Bamboo? According to the Wacom website there are 4 models: -

Bamboo Pen
    Bamboo Pen & Touch
    Bamboo Fun Pen & Touch
    Bamboo Manga

Wacom's marketing dept don't really go out of their way to help one choose the right model. After reading the sales pitch for each model it is still an open question as to which one is the "right" one.

T.

Hi Tabvla,

Like Jon, I've recently retired my still working Wacom Sapphire & upgraded to a Bamboo Pen & Touch.
    My model is the CTH-460
    For a Desktop computer this gives me the best of both worlds, precision drawing via the Pen in Xara or MOI (my CAD program) or the button switchable Touch option for surfing web pages.

HTH, Colin

still using my intuous 3 and find it brilliant, reliable, had it for years and never let me down, does all i need and hope to god it never breaks............ or i will run out and by another
    "Your never too old to Rock and Roll" ......
    ~Ronald Belford Scott 1946-1980

The Intuos5 is listed at Best Buy. Maybe you can play with one.
    Richard

I recently bought a Microsoft Surface Pro and today loaded my favourite programs onto it - Xara, Flash and Photoshop, and after using several Wacom tablets for some years (artz2 model to the intuos whatever), I finally can draw directly on the picture with Wacom pen and being a tablet carry with me. The pressure pen works in all three programs and another revelation is how pinch/zoom works in Xara which is handy. Doesn't work in adobe programs though. Its small screen is a good size for a drawing pad. I might buy a bamboo carbon pen for it though as that is even better.
    Q