Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Character limit in placeholder

Hello! I've been using Xara 6 for quite a while and sometimes had trouble if the amount of code exceeded the limit in a placeholder When I downloaded Xara MX Premium (Which is Xara 8. Correct?) I don't think I had a problem with code exceeding the limit. Well, one day Xara Premium just stopped working and I couldn't get it to work again so I downloaded Xara 9. It's working well so far but it seems to have the old problem that Xara 6 had in that sometimes not all the code would fit in the placeholder. How do you get around that? I generate code from emailmeforms and sometimes the code is too much for the placeholder box. What determines the limit of characters that will fit in a placeholder box?

Thanks

Default Re: Character limit in placeholder

The character limit is 30000. The purpose of the limit is as explained by Covoxer :

To avoid additional dynamically allocated memory chunk, which, in general case, increases chances of the memory leaks.
    The least important, temporary strings are much easier and safer to use a static memory allocation.

Thanks sledger. This is a bit over my head but at least I know I can't adjust the character limit. What would happen if I put the code in two different boxes? Would that work?

No..

Best you can do is create a separate entire page for the form and then use an iframe to place inside another page.

Thank you sledger.