Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default General Navbar Question

Its been a while since I re-visited Xara's Navbar capability. I have Pro X and I know in previous versions I had (like a lot of people), a lot of frustration with the so called automated capability and had to resort to building buttons and ungrouping them to modify etc. I did a quick search and see dated videos but I am looking for a comment after trying to drag a new horizontal nav bar from the designs gallery, resizing the buttons and then finding the dropdown buttons are smaller than the parent buttons.

My question is - Is the design gallery of any use for navbars or is it still a case of building everything from scratch to get things right, working with layers etc - in other words has anything improved?

Forgive me for not spending hours on the navbar search but there are just too many hits.

Thanks
    Gary

Default Re: General Navbar Question

An example of what I'm asking about. When I drag a horizontal navbar from the design gallery and add some drop downs and then change the font on the navbar using the text tool - only the font on the top level changes. Mystified as to why these navbars have been such a pain. It looks like back to Xhris's tutorials and build/maintain from scratch except for repeating on all pages function. Unless of course I'm willing to work with the navbars in the designs gallery without modification. Am I just missing something here and need to look at some tutorials on Pro X?

Thanks
    Gary

Well - I've been playing with it and I have at least found out how to size the fonts etc in the pop up menu. Cannot get the menu background color function to change the color. Can anyone tell me a way to create a menu using either transparent backgrounds or just like text links but using the nav bar function for site navigation?

Thanks
    Gary

Two things. To modify the MouseOff button which is hidden by the MouseOver button, isolate the MouseOff Layer. Open the Page and Layer Gallery. Open the page to see the layers and press the S icon (Solo mode). Now Ctrl click on the text or the button shape to edit the color, font, style, size etc.

Do this to the Home button and the change will apply to all the buttons (there is no need to use the Upgroup to Edit function).

If you want to make the button shape transparent, Ctrl click on the button shape and set the fill to None.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	solo mode.png 
Views:	104 
Size:	15.7 KB 
ID:	96001