Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Cannot fill some fonts

Hi,

I'm usilng the Xara P&G Designer 2013 trial, and having trouble doing a simple flat fill of text.

I figured out that the basic reason is that when some fonts are applied to text, the text is grayed and cannot be filled. When other fonts are applied to the same text, it starts out black, and can be filled with any color or gradient, etc.

So it seems related to a font difference--seems most common for Black or Heavy fonts--but can someone tell me why those fonts can be used but not filled?

And if I want to use one of these fonts, how do I make it possible to fill text to which is has been applied?

Thanks for any help.

Default Re: Cannot fill some fonts

Could it be an outline font. those cannot be filled, only what appears to be the outline color can change colors. Another suspect is if there is a text box containing the text and it is not large enough then the text will be grayed out at least those not contained in the text box. The solution is to make the text box larger. Usually you can see the dotted line showing the text box. If you can find the corner drag it until it contains all the text and they will turn black or whatever color.

Just in case you are trying to fill outline text here is one way to do it. The only thing I forgot to show is moping the origional and pasting over the colored fill so that it looks like a filled shape.
    Never mind I did it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	outline font fill.png 
Views:	123 
Size:	126.5 KB 
ID:	96005
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.