Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How do I export a single web page as HTML?

I am doing a lot of SEO adjustments to pages one by one, and I need to do A LOT of exporting of a page to HTML to then have my software analyze the impact the changes have on SEO.

But whether I use "Export Website" or just "Export" from WD9 pull down from file, I still have the WHOLE website exported.

Is there way to quickly just export a single page to html? My sites get large and it takes to long exporting the whole site every time during this SEO process I'm engaged in.

Thanks,
    Paul

Default Re: How do I export a single web page as HTML?

You can't unless you split all the pages into separate web sites, however this isn't necessary as you can republish only the amended page/s:

Web Properties / Publish / Tick ~ Fast Publish only (Only changed files)

This will only republish the page you're working on.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    You can't unless you split all the pages into separate web sites, however this isn't necessary as you can republish only the amended page/s:

Web Properties / Publish / Tick ~ Fast Publish only (Only changed files)

This will only republish the page you're working on.
    Too bad. I'm working locally. But this looks like a viable work around, I'll give it a try.

Thanks,
    Paul

Too bad. I'm working locally.
    If you're working locally Paul unless you've got an humongous site publishing should be almost instant.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

most of my sites are 60-80+ pages. The one I'm on now is only 18 pages.

The process of publishing 'changed pages' takes as long as exporting the whole site locally for me on this smaller site.

I think adding an 'export page' feature would a great added export option that many would use.

Thanks,
    Paul

If you have 80 pages & you only alter an object page 7 for example, provided it's not a repeating object, should export only the change you've made to that one page and not the remaining 79 pages. What version of WD are you using?
    Egg

Actually Egg, even with incremental publishing enabled the whole website will be re-exported locally and then only changed files will be re-published. So either way all pages will always be exported locally.

Yes, I realise that, that's why I said
    If you're working locally Paul unless you've got an humongous site publishing should be almost instant.
    If this is still to slow then the OP has no other alternative than splitting up the site into smaller portions or single page portions.
    Egg

I thought the OP only wanted to export the website locally, and only export 1 page from the document at a time, not publish it...

Yes, splitting up is one option however there is another way;

1. Open your website document and export it to a folder (eg My Documents\Website)
    2. Make the changes you want to make.
    3. Select File > Preview Web Page

After you have exported the site to a specific folder, subsequent website and/or page previews will use that folder for the rest of the document and program session. This will save you from exporting the whole website each time.

If you close the document or the program then the next time you open it you'll need to re-export the website to that folder again, and then you can preview just 1 page at a time to updated the exported copy of that page. Even with this it will save you a lot of time compared to exporting the website each time

That's a good tip, now if only the xara docs could rememeber the website export folder
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.