Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Lost my Xara Web File

Going back to update last years event site www.dundeerotaryoktoberfest.co.uk it seems that I failed to save, or even over-wrote the relevant Xara file (I have an earlier one). All the individual website stuff remains intact index.html etc. Any way that I can reconstitute the Xara file without resorting to doing it all over again, but at least I can see what to do!

Thanks

Default Re: Lost my Xara Web File

All you can do is recover the pages, one by one, using File > Import text and graphics from Web...
    At least you will get the items to reconstruct the rest of the site.
    I then use a text editor to recover the links.

Acorn

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Lost my Xara Web File

you could try "Open recent" and at the bottom there is a link that says backups. Unless you have this feature turned off Xara creates backups every 5 or 10 mins. The back ups are stored locally on your computer and the backup link in the open recent list will take you there. It's worth having a look.

And once you have your file restored (I know this is closing the gate after the horse has already escaped but...) it's always a good idea to keep a copy of your source file in a secure location off your computer. Either on your own web space or I often use Dropbox.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.