Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Spotlights

Default Spotlights

Hi, can you please advise about how to do spotlights?

Actually I am aware of two methods, on the attached picture left side creating a high step blend between two ellipse with changing profile, or maybe creating two rectangles over each other with linear transparency and changing the amount of feather for both.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spotlights.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	16.3 KB 
ID:	95931
    Spotlights.xar

Probably the blend is the best but the high blend steps typically requires a lot of resources on my computer. Are there maybe methods help on that, for example creating bitmap copy, however that I do not like too much

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Spotlights

You could try making the blend with ellipses but don't give them any transparency then convert to editable shapes and then ungroup the resulting group and with all of the resulting shapes selected use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl +1 to join them into a single shape. Now apply feathering and transparency to this shape.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Here are a couple of methods. The left side is what Frances describes but does not use blends.

Name:	Spotlight.png 
Views:	121 
Size:	41.1 KB 
ID:	95932
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Thanks very much, I was not sure whether to ask but really was worth. Good to see how other people are thinking

And another way. Haven't got time to explain but its another blend between 2 triangles. Pull the xar apart.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Some good answers her csehz. So I guess depending on what and how you want to spotlight something or the type of spotlight you need you are all set.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Yes much more alternatives than thought before, also for further searchings will be good in one thread.

Egg thanks I understand after pulling apart, you solved it with less blend steps as the basic shapes are different

Name:	spb.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	42.1 KB 
ID:	95948