Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Image as background

Hi - I have been using Xara a fair few years mainly leaflet and brochure design. I have been asked by a friend to do some web sites for him and on the main one he wants an image as a background and I am having real problems as it seems that DP7 by default tiles all images - I have tried the tweaks and I searched this forum and tried some of the suggestions without sucess - I attach the .xar file and if anyone can help I would be real grateful - You can see the site at www.myoptimumlife.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	background 2.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	25.7 KB 
ID:	95923  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Image as background

Open your xar file. Drag a colour off the colour bar and drop it on the pasteboard. This creates a layer called "Pasteboard Background", make this layer selectable and click on it. The status bar will indicate one rectangle on layer pasteboard layer. With this still selected open the bitmap gallery, select your image and click Fill on the top menu.
    Now go to the fill tool and change the dpi to 96dpi. Ensure the the fill is set to single fill.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hey Geof
    I too have been using this program for a few years I also had ver 7 up till last night.
    I upgraded to 9 ..because of the same trouble as you were having..I tried all of the tweaks and suggestions and nothing worked.
    After I upgraded to 9 it took me 3 mins to fix it.
    I had a huge website I had to convert from NOF to Xara cause I lost the source files for my site.
    I know it sounds like a pain to upgrade but I tell you mate it worked so easy it was surprising.
    go for the few bucks and upgrade...here is the old site I made with NOF so you can see what Im trying to do with the background.
    http://www.doziersregattapoint.com/

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Moved to Xara web design chat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Quote Originally Posted by sonoferin View Post
    go for the few bucks and upgrade...
    Or just download the trial version, that is fully functional so can be tried whether worth it to your scenario

Hi Nice site! - Thanks for the suggestion however I am using Designer Pro 7 and Version 9 is not out yet and I don't want buy the web designer version 9 as if I upgrade I get all the features anyway.

Thanks for the tip - I'll give it a go

"Open your xar file. Drag a colour off the colour bar and drop it on the pasteboard. This creates a layer called "Pasteboard Background", make this layer selectable and click on it. The status bar will indicate one rectangle on layer pasteboard layer. With this still selected open the bitmap gallery, select your image and click Fill on the top menu.
    Now go to the fill tool and change the dpi to 96dpi. Ensure the fill is set to single fill."

I am trying to follow your tips I can drag a colour to the pasteboard area but I can't seem to be able to find "Pasteboard Background" or select this layer. - Can you give me a step by step list?

If you can put up with my on the fly, inarticulate ramblings, hopefully this might be of assistance

VIDEO LINK
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host