Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Easy Accordion Slider Widget

I am looking for a better Easy Accordion slider widget...
    one that is expandable as well as customizable...anyone know of one.
    I am redesigning a site in Xara and have one on the old site, although it wasn't great it worked!! go here to see old one
    I need it for a company profile for the area I am in.

Thx
    Martin

Default Re: Easy Accordion Slider Widget

I'm getting a page not found error message with your link.

You might look at WOW Slider http://wowslider.com/

WD6 Re: Easy Accordion Slider Widget

Martin, I have deconstructed the Right Accordion here: Xara Accordion.web

You can add as many image pages as you like; you include them in the list within the HTML code (head).
    Each image page should have the same size as the Main Site page IFRAME area.

I have added Transition Effects to each of the image pages for manual clicking; you need to experiment with these to pick the best effect.

Automatic transitions are in the Web Properties > Page > HTML code (head); you remove or add the comments (//) to discover different transitions). You can invent your own.

You could embed any valid web page in your list of image pages so it is very flexible.

As a bonus:
    1. Left Accordion - swap the text and images over.
    2. Vertical Accordion - turn the Headings 90 deg anti-clockwise.
    3. Other - as you care to alter...

Bug: If you manually select a link, the automatic counter then goes to its next one on the list.
    Happy for any suggestions to improve this.

If you embed the image pages in your main site, you must ensure all repeating Main Site objects are removed.
    I get round this by making the image pages a sub-site in a subfolder and then changing the list to, say 'accordion/Heading 1.htm', etc.

Acorn

For those who wish to modify the IFRAME here is the current detail:
    Code:
    <iframe src="heading 1.htm" width="760px" height="400px" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" id='ra_iframe' name="right_accordion_iframe" ><p>Your browser does not support iframes.</p></iframe>
    where you change iframe src="heading 1.htm" to the first page in your list that you want the Slider to open with.

Let me know what browsers work as I get an occasional white flash on picture change.
    I'm trying to remember how to make the IFRAME transparent.

Acorn

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    I'm trying to remember how to make the IFRAME transparent.
    Code can be found at Xara Users: http://xara-users.info/board/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=909

Thanks for the link.
    I'll experiment tomorrow.

Acorn

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    As a bonus:
    Left Accordion - swap the text and images over.
    Realizing that this topic has been inactive for a while, it appears, none-the-less, to offer some interesting possibilities with the included widget.

But how do I make the swap modification listed above? I don't see any related statements.

And is there a way to completely remove the blocks of text so that the widget performs as a tabbed slider widget?
    (i.e., topics down the left side that display different images when clicked ... but where the topics don't shift up and down.)

Thanks for any help.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Edit Slider.JPG 
Views:	189 
Size:	44.7 KB 
ID:	107740

Quote Originally Posted by Contours View Post
    Realizing that this topic has been inactive for a while, it appears, none-the-less, to offer some interesting possibilities with the included widget.

But how do I make the swap modification listed above? I don't see any related statements.

And is there a way to completely remove the blocks of text so that the widget performs as a tabbed slider widget?
    (i.e., topics down the left side that display different images when clicked ... but where the topics don't shift up and down.)

Thanks for any help.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Edit Slider.JPG 
Views:	189 
Size:	44.7 KB 
ID:	107740
    Contours, I wrote the code so that there was minimal change required to it, other than adding pages and timings to the Array.

The rest is pure Xara. Each text block, NavBar and image can be where you like in the size of the page.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thank you. That helps. But it leaves me with one large question:

Since it's not like Nivo or the other sliders, what is the procedure for placing it on one of my web pages?
    (I'm versed in layout layers ... and know that slider widgets have their own layers ... but I can't quite see how this fits into the picture.)

Quote Originally Posted by Contours View Post
    Thank you. That helps. But it leaves me with one large question:

Since it's not like Nivo or the other sliders, what is the procedure for placing it on one of my web pages?
    (I'm versed in layout layers ... and know that slider widgets have their own layers ... but I can't quite see how this fits into the picture.)
    You add the Placeholder to your page.
    You add your images in their own smaller pages.
    You link their filenames in the Page's code.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat