Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Anchor Sliding Transition - What kind?

Hi,

I have attached a file from a new site. I created an anchor from a name linked to my top menu. If it's not an anchor or shouldn't, please slap me but my goal is to mirror this transition if possible.

http://spektrummedia.com/startups

Here is my site...

http://hoytniva.com/

Any insight would be appreciated.

EZ
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Anchor Sliding Transition - What kind?

EZ, sledger answered similar in http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...verything-else.

Acorn

Thanks. Added the code in the head portion correctly (I believe) but confused on my button. Using my "candidates" button on my page I tried placing this code in the head and body and that obviously wasn't the right spot. If you could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

I attached the file to see what I did/didn't do.

Hey Acorn,

Wanted to make sure you saw my last post. Tried what Sledger showed. Just confused on a portion of it.\

Thanks for your reply.

EZ

Quote Originally Posted by ez1138 View Post
    Hey Acorn,
    Wanted to make sure you saw my last post. Tried what Sledger showed. Just confused on a portion of it.\
    Thanks for your reply.
    EZ
    Sorry I gave you a wrong steer in that sledger's code is scrolling up to the top left corner from somewhere lower.
    I have been experimenting with JavaScript arcanery to no good result, so don't hold your breath.

Acorn

Thumbs up Re: Anchor Sliding Transition - What kind?

EZ, you can breath.

In the Page Head Placeholder, save:
    Code:
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.8.3/jquery.min.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript">// <![CDATA[
      jQuery.noConflict();

function scroller(anchor, delay) {
     jQuery('html,body').animate({scrollTop: jQuery(anchor).offset().top}, delay);
    };
    // ]]>
    </script>
    For the item you are scrolling to, add Name "anchorOnPage" - make up your own Names, a different one for each landing point.

For your link, add:
    javascript:scroller('#anchorOnPage', 1000);

You change the 1000 to the milliseconds you want, here being 1 second.
    For each link, you replace the anchor's nName, keeping the # and single quotes.

Acorn

Very nice solution Acorn.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks Acorn. I will try it out this weekend and let you know. Appreciate your time.

Hey Acorn,

I'm really appreciative of your post but a quick question. I copied the code in the head placeholder for the page. Easy stuff as you basically said, put it here (I need that, lol). I named my spot on the page "anchorOnPage". For your link you said, add the JS line to the link but not unlike before, exactly where do I place that in. Not trying to me remedial but do I select "Link to Anchor", select "anchorOnPage" then do something else? Really confused. If I paste that link of code on my button's body or head, it obviously just shows up. I apologize. I'm just not super-technical like most folks here.

EZ

Here's a test xar I made when testing Acorns code which will probably answer you question. Just look at the link values on the "buttons".
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host