Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Will new WD9 features migrate to my existing WD8 sites?

When I upgrade to the latest Designer Pro or Web Designer 9 release, will the new features of the upgrade show up when I open an existing site created in the previous version of the software, WD8? Is there a special way that you have to import an existing site to get access to the new features?

Do I have to create a new site with the latest software in order to have access to these new features, such as the new drag and drop nav bar or the new web page background handling?

Thank You

Default Re: Will new WD9 features migrate to my existing WD8 sites?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    When I upgrade to the latest Designer Pro or Web Designer 9 release, will the new features of the upgrade show up when I open an existing site created in the previous version of the software, WD8? Is there a special way that you have to import an existing site to get access to the new features?

Do I have to create a new site with the latest software in order to have access to these new features, such as the new drag and drop nav bar or the new web page background handling?

Thank You
    If you create a .web file in XWD9 and open it in XWD8, any new features you have included will be advised as ones XWD8 doesn't recognise.
    If you open a .web file created in XWD8 into the newer XWD9 and then make changes that do not use the new features, it should open correctly in XWD8.
    Only XWD9 will generate a site presenting the new features.
    You can update an existing XWD8 site with the new features provided it is published from XWD9; you do not have to recreate the entire site.

Acorn

Acorn, thank you for the quick reply!

I am waiting to upgrade to the release of Designer 9 but would consider not upgrading if my existing sites would not gain the new features. I have had several clients that seem to want new style nav bars too often. The drag & drop nav bar change option will make things easier!

Thanks again....

My suggestion would be to download the 30 day trial and check for yourself.

My suggestion would be to download the 30 day trial and check for yourself.

..after making a copy of the WD8 file before using WD9 on it. Perhaps make a separate copy for testing purposes.