Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Problem sizing photos in slideshow widget

I am attempting to use the "new cycle 5" slideshow widget in V9 Premium. When I select the widget, I get the pixel dimensions in the property bar.
    I then create images in Photoshop at that same size. When I replace the photo in the slideshow, it doesn't fit. When I attempt to re-size it using
    either the selection tool or the photo tool, the image becomes too distorted or gets cut off. What am I doing wrong or is there a trick to sizing images properly in these widgets?

Default Re: Problem sizing photos in slideshow widget

Was your last post with just a period a mistake? I deleted it.

I think your images should be larger than the images in the slider you are replacing. It is better to scaled the images down. If you make a 96dpi bitmap larger, the resolution decreases and the image will become soft and fuzzy and unless the image is a newly hatched duck or a chicken, you probably do not want this to happen.

Yeah, it was a mistake. I couldn't figure out how to delete the post (just edit it).

As for the sizing issue, I could definitely be missing something, but it appears that to replace an image, the new image has to be the exact size of the original or it will distort. It seems that you can only re-size the widget itself proportionately without distorting the images.

Yeah, it was a mistake. I couldn't figure out how to delete the post (just edit it).
    You had us scared. We thought it might be a hidden script or something.

Maybe it will help to hold down the Shift key when you drop the image onto the existing one. This will force the image to retain its original aspect ratio. Then you can use the Fill Tool to resize the image if necessary.

What I do is select the image to be resized with the Fill Tool, click on either of the end control points (the squares at the ends of the arrows), and then use the arrow keys on my keyboard to increase or decrease the size of the image. If you select the center control point, you can move the image around inside the rectangle.