Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Using PHP and/or mySQL

Hi Everybody,

I've been playing with a trial version of Web Designer-9 for the last couple of days. It really is a sweet answer to several possibilities but I haven't (yet) been able to find the proper way to embed(?)/manage(?) combining PHP or MySQL statements within the pages being managed by this very capable editor.

XARA has been around the block many times (and improved herself at each step) and I've been a user from way back before Xara X1. So I am 99.99% certain that there are provisions made in Web Designer-9 to allow me to access, handle, and save data collected by a site. (yup! shopping carts are on my mind)

As usual... I always pick the wrong words to search with so I tend to get lost someplace inside a knowledgebase.

So, on to my two questions:

1) Can someone tell me what keywords to use finding how to embed statements from within this editor?

2) As I replace template objects with the editor, will it delete the original object from the published version? I'm thinking of the million images that I might have to sort through and eliminate. (I'm old... code has to be clean)

Many Thanks,
    -Paul-

Default Re: Using PHP and/or mySQL

First off, Web Designer is not a HTML editor.. It's a HTML generator.. There is no underlying HTML during the design stage, only after you export/publish.

You can add code snippets by way of 'placeholder objects' (there's plenty on both forums and in the help file about placeholders).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-04-23_072843.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	35.7 KB 
ID:	95738  

Default Re: Using PHP and/or mySQL

Thanks, sledger...

I guess "placeholder" is the search term I was looking for.

Sorry about the faux pas calling Web Designer an editor... It's still a pretty interesting package. Now that I think of it, that's how I've come to think of Xara... interesting and always effective.

-Paul-