Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Document Info - Font Information

When working with text, quite often I modify fonts by various means: mould tool, combining shapes, etc., and as a result the External Resources panel will no long display any font information. As clients often require font information, it would be nice if the program would retain the original font details. I know that as a workaround I should make a copy of the unmodified fonts, but sometimes Operator Error occurs and I forget to do this.
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Default Re: Document Info - Font Information

I think what happens is that once you use a mould on text, it has to convert it to an editable shape, and thus is no longer text. Therefore, Xara has no font information to include.

As a workaround, you can include some text in the background, and give it no fill and no outline, so it will be invisible, but the program still encodes the font information.

-- Ben
    -----------------------
    Ben Morgan: ad1066 AT gmail thingy
    Chapter 13 Press: www.chapter13press.com
    Burn After Reading: www.burnafterreadingpress.com

Default Re: Document Info - Font Information

Or store the text on a separate layer that you can lock or make invisible. It's always a good idea to keep a copy of the text as text with its attributes for future reference.