Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Error: Failed to find a layout that satisfies the dynamic positioning requirements...

On my site at www.vgtoronto.com/eis-test2 I have started getting the following error message on several pages, including the Home page:

"Failed to find a layout that satisfies the dynamic positioning requirements of all objects on the page." I have no idea what to do to fix this.

I have also had problems with the location of the footer, which does not always appear in the proper place at the bottom of the page.

I had promised my client that the site would be operational on Thursday, but it isn't ready due to these problems.

Any suggestions?

Peter

Default Re: Error: Failed to find a layout that satisfies the dynamic positioning requirement

"Failed to find a layout that satisfies the dynamic positioning requirements of all objects on the page."
    This message is totally unrelated to a Xara Web Designer produced website. Nothing I know of in Xara Web Designer would ever produce a message like this for Xara Designer does not, never has produced or attempted to produce dynmaic positioning. It produces 'fixed positioned' and 'static layout' WYSIWYG designs only.
    Can you show us a screenshot of the error as it appears?
    I certainly don't see it when visiting your URL and viewing numerous pages.

Default Re: Error: Failed to find a layout that satisfies the dynamic positioning requirement

The message does come from Xara, as you can see from the attached screen shot. The Error Message comes up when I try to save the page. I can find nothing in the Help file under "dynamic" or under "positioning".

I just don't know what to do. All the material in on the MouseOff layer.

Any suggestions?

Peter
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dynamic positioning error.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	130.3 KB 
ID:	95704  

Well Peter, in your original post you gave us the URL and told us you were getting that error message.
    On my site at www.vgtoronto.com/eis-test2 I have started getting the following error message on several pages
    Perhaps you should have been a little less misleading and told us you were getting the error in Web Designer?. I spent a bit of time going through your site!

I'd suggest you contact support.xara.com and send them your .web file for inspection.

I am having exactly the same problem with a site I am constructing using WD9 Premium. There appears to be no material available to explain what the error message means nor how to deal with the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrappers View Post
    I am having exactly the same problem with a site I am constructing using WD9 Premium. There appears to be no material available to explain what the error message means nor how to deal with the problem.
    I still seem to be able to publish pages that give this message, so I'm no too worried any more. Thanks for your response, though.

Further to my previous message I have found, by trial and error, that the error is cause by having images 'anchored' to text. If you remove the anchors the problem is solved.

Many thanks!

@ Shrappers and hobbspeter, could you both create a support ticket for Xara at http://support.xara.com and send them a copy of your website document that you encounter this problem in. They'll need to know what actions in your file causes this message to appear and can then see what the cause of the problem is (you seem to have found it anyway).

It's a very interesting error though, perhaps it hints work in progress on dynamic sites ???
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host