Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi

As a longstanding XaraX user something bugs me.

In order to get the graphics on my screen at the same screen-size as they appears when I export GIFs and JPEGs, I have to set the view Zoom to "80%".

This is very frustrating. Why isnt it 100%?!
    Is there any way to *make* it 100% instead of 80%?!

Ship
    Shiperton Henethe

PS. My settings are:

Options ==> View ==> BitMaps
    I have got my "Never smooth" ticked deliberately
    (so that I have an accurate WYSIWYG feeling)
    and "DPI when autogenerated" to be "96".

PPS Any news of a next release of this superb software?!

Hi

As a longstanding XaraX user something bugs me.

In order to get the graphics on my screen at the same screen-size as they appears when I export GIFs and JPEGs, I have to set the view Zoom to "80%".

This is very frustrating. Why isnt it 100%?!
    Is there any way to *make* it 100% instead of 80%?!

Ship
    Shiperton Henethe

PS. My settings are:

Options ==> View ==> BitMaps
    I have got my "Never smooth" ticked deliberately
    (so that I have an accurate WYSIWYG feeling)
    and "DPI when autogenerated" to be "96".

PPS Any news of a next release of this superb software?!

When you export a shape from xara it should be the same size as viewed at 100% in Xara. What are you exporting the gif / jpgs too? If it's a Mac origin program (ie Flash) then there will be a difference in the apparent file dimensions as these run with 72 ppi against windows 96 ppi. But if you exporting directly to a windows based prog, the 2 files should appear as the same size. Check by exporting a gif or jpg and then select this file and "open with" Internet Explorer. The 2 images side by side, should be the same physical size. If not get back and I'm sure someone will have the answer.
    Egg
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Nope, I *definitely* need to have the zoom set at 80%. And I always have done! - even two computers ago. A good clue is that correctly GIFs (and/or JPEGs) which have been imported into XaraX look horrendous (unless you have the smoothing set on).

Just possibly it's to do with my graphics card
    (Matrox) - though I doubt it...

Setting the DPI to 72 (I think) makes matters *worse* not better so maybe if I set it to 104 or something it might work... I cant believe I'm the only one to have this problem! I think I had the same issue back in CorelXara days...

Ship

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Egg Bramhill:
    When you export a shape from xara it should be the same size as viewed at 100% in Xara. What are you exporting the gif / jpgs too? If it's a Mac origin program (ie Flash) then there will be a difference in the apparent file dimensions as these run with 72 ppi against windows 96 ppi. But if you exporting directly to a windows based prog, the 2 files should appear as the same size. Check by exporting a gif or jpg and then select this file and "open with" Internet Explorer. The 2 images side by side, should be the same physical size. If not get back and I'm sure someone will have the answer.
    Egg<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is a very weird problem, that I've never seen or head of before. There's a possibility your Windows screen resolution is set to a non-standard resolution.

Look in Display Properties (right click the desktop, Properties -> Settings -> Advanced button. There is a drop-down of desktop resolutions. This should be set to 96dpi. (This is on XP, but I htink it's the same on older OSes)

Charles

Charles Moir - the Xara-Boss - in our forums??? Can it be, or is it a hoax?

K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

Did you read topics "SVG" / "Xara discounts" / "PS 3016" / "Consolidate wihes" ?

Please, say anythin about XaraX future.
    We hear you, St.Charles! 8-)

So!, FAx
    russian ux designer
    faxenoff@gmail.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> In order to get the graphics on my screen at the same screen-size as they appears when I export GIFs and JPEGs, I have to set the view Zoom to "80%".
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How are you maintaining a bitmap view of 100% when you are zooming the page to 80%?

I had a similar problem with scaling in the export preview box. The exported image itself was fine, but pieces of my image would just disappear in the preview. (look here:
    http://talkgraphics.infopop.net/1/Op...8&m=6631958462)

I never got an answer back, but I suspected then that it was related to the video driver. I am also using a Matrox card (Micron w/G-400 - home & Compaq w/G-200 - work). Both exhibited the problem I was seeing.

Good Luck,
    Ric

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Charles Moir:
    This is a very weird problem, that I've never seen or head of before. There's a possibility your Windows screen resolution is set to a non-standard resolution.

Look in Display Properties (right click the desktop, Properties -> Settings -> Advanced button. There is a drop-down of desktop resolutions. This should be set to 96dpi. (This is on XP, but I htink it's the same on older OSes)
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah-ha, you could be onto something here.
    Where you suggest it is set at Large Fonts
    ("120" DPI)!

The trouble is that I - like many designers - am running a large monitor (22") at high resolution
    1280x1024. And If I dont do something, then all the text in windows applications tends to disappear!

Ship