Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara and API Integration

Okay, here's an interesting question...

I did a search on the forums for this question but couldn't find any match.

How difficult do you folks think it would be to use Xara with an API to, say, a domain reseller or something like that? Is it even possible?

Just curious if anyone has successfully worked with Xara and an API for any kind of outside service.

RDS
    Diamond Pacific Media Group

Default Re: Xara and API Integration

I think you will need to give more detail about exactly what you are trying to achieve. If you are trying to include buttons/forms etc in your page that talk to a third party service then, yes, it is possible, but how difficult it would be (and how much programming would be required) depends on how the service is implemented and what facilities already exist for embedding the service in other web sites.

Gerry

Quote Originally Posted by GerryI View Post
    I think you will need to give more detail about exactly what you are trying to achieve. If you are trying to include buttons/forms etc in your page that talk to a third party service then, yes, it is possible, but how difficult it would be (and how much programming would be required) depends on how the service is implemented and what facilities already exist for embedding the service in other web sites.

Gerry
    Hi, Gerry:

Thanks for the reply. I'll have to do some investigating, but your answer is helpful. I'd like to discuss it more with you, but off the boards. If it was a client situation I'd be happy to share with everyone, but this is internal operations of our company and it would be revealing proprietary information about our infrastructure. Can we talk via PM or Instant Messaging? I can be available for chat on AIM, Yahoo, GoogleTalk, or the service of your choice, at your convenience.

Best,
    RDS
    Diamond Pacific Media Group

I think it would be rather difficult with Xara. With an api you will need to send info and process info received and Xara wouldn't be best suited for that task.
    Chris
    LotsMoreHosting.com