Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Default Re: WD9 Premium Crashes Often

When I suggested saving a backup, I meant saving to a different filename, not just saving to the same file all the time.

Whenever I work on clients projects I backup my project folder every day and the file I am working on more often than that.

An interesting thread. I thought my one experience with yesterday's blue screen of death while working in the preview version of WD9P was a one-off. Guess it's not unusual. I've been afraid to try it again until getting a serial number issue sorted (which isn't happening with any dispatch, Xara!!!), and I can try using the whole programme. Would you recommend I hold off opening current project files in the new version? I certainly can't afford to lose them.

Why not copy them to a new folder & work on from there. You'll still have your originals.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

+1

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Why not copy them to a new folder & work on from there. You'll still have your originals.
    No idea if you're responding to my message, but if you are, I'm not so much worried about losing files as I am about the reasons for crashing - for looking up and seeing that Blue Screen of Death. A heart can take just so much! Have we concluded it's a WD9P issue? Does anyone have any info on a fix?

Yes of course I'm responding to your message. I've no idea why your system is giving you a blue screen, only Xara support can possibly assist in this matter. However it's not a common Xara issue, I and many other users use the software every day without any problems along this line.

All I'm suggesting is that you create a duplicate folder of your .web files and work on these then if the crahes continue you've still got the originals.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

No body thinks the crashing is acceptable. Eggs advice is perfectly good - a way to help limit any loss while still being able to use WD9.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotstu View Post
    The ticket for my problem was Ticket ID: HMV-304620 but since deleting and reinstalling using the latest download, the trim problem seems to have been fixed. I will give it another few days trial and if all is fine then I will purchase the upgrade. Have used Xara successfully since Webstyle 4
    Still getting crashing when framing a bitmap to it's trim size. I have submitted a further crash report Ticket ID: YUV-962894. This really needs investigating by Xara.

I confess to lurking a little in hopes of finding out about an upgrade pending for Designer Pro... anyone know if it's in the works?

Radiohawk

Quote Originally Posted by Radiohawk View Post
    I confess to lurking a little in hopes of finding out about an upgrade pending for Designer Pro... anyone know if it's in the works?

Radiohawk
    It's killing me. Sometimes I get up in the middle of the night to look, because once they released something in the middle of the night. I bought Web Designer Premium 9 to distract myself. And Netobject Fusion 13 - just for something to do! I can't wait!

I am hoping it will be soon, because May is much more Christmassy to me than Christmas, just because the new DP comes out!

Ali

PS I am only fifty six!