Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: WD9 Premium Crashes Often

@Artyboots, Scotstu and tomsbs - have all submitted tickets to Xara's support team regarding these issues?

If you have please tell me the ticket ID's that you submitted regarding these issues.

Also, please make sure that you have installed the latest patch update that was released yesterday (18th April) and see whether you are still encountering the same problems.

Remeber that in order to best assist you with this, they'll need to know the exact steps that you take to reproduce the problem. Does it only happen with a particular file, or if you open a new file from scratch are you still able to cause the same problem etc.

After installing the latest update, the program crashed again. As usual it was when I saved the project about the 5th time. The ticket # generated this time was Ticket ID: NEH-320919.

I realize this is a difficult problem to troubleshoot. I have confidence they will find a solution eventually. I plan to be patient and look for further updates as they come along.

Meanwhile, I still plan to try the 32 bit version to see if it crashes as well. I just need to find the time.

I have been working with the same project all along. I haven't tested stability with a new or alternate project. This same project worked well with both WD7 and WD8 without problems. But it crashed with WD9 the first time I used it.
    Last edited by tomsbs; 19 April 2013 at 12:26 AM.

I'd encourage you to try a new project in WD9, it seems that there's something with your earlier version .web file that isn't compatible.
    Have you used any Live Effects or Adobe plugins with this file before trying to open it in WD9 64bit? (which does not support 32bit live effects/plugins)
    Do you have any widgets or placeholders with third party code?

Shouldn't need to re-create your file tomsbs, but it looks like it's something specific in the document. The support team has replied to your ticket now, so they'll look forward to the additional information oyu can provide them.

I was also getting crashes but while installing the content Manager

I did report as per: [Installation #OSH-851574]: XWD 9 Premium crashed and other issues

Reply from Customer Care of XARA:

Have you been able to successfully install the content pack now?

If not, please uninstall Web Designer from your computer then download the latest installation file from the link below
    www.xara.com/downloads/webdesigner

Once yo uinstall that, unlock the software and then select Install Content Pack from the Help menu. The issues which you had originally installing the content pack was resolved and we released new patch updates today which include this fix.

Kind regards,
    CS

Akshaye, yours is an entirely different and unrelated problem to the OP. By the looks of it you had difficulty installing the content pack.

I have just downloaded and installed WD9. It just crashes all the time I cannot use it or publish.

I have sent a report to support and am waiting on a response.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I'd encourage you to try a new project in WD9, it seems that there's something with your earlier version .web file that isn't compatible.
    Have you used any Live Effects or Adobe plugins with this file before trying to open it in WD9 64bit? (which does not support 32bit live effects/plugins)
    Do you have any widgets or placeholders with third party code?
    I have no doubt that a new project would work without issues. But that does not help me here. Starting out with a new project is not an option for me. I have several years work invested in this current project. If I cannot get it to work, it will be a huge set back.

If my project file is incompatible, that is a bug with WD9 not importing the project properly. My project was properly created with older Xara Web Designer and worked flawlessly before WD9. I will wait patiently for software updates.

To answer your questions above, no to all of them. Thanks for your assistance.

@tomsbs, Xara support have replied to you now, could you reply to them with the information they have requested so they continue to assist you. Thanks.

Thanks, Pete, you guys have all been great. Yes, I received a response and I am going to put together a package for them this weekend. I will try to document steps to duplicate the issue, write up a complete problem description and ftp them both my WD8 and WD9 project folders to compare and import. This may take a day or two but I am glad to help.

It wasn't clear from their email if I should reply to the email or generate a ticket. So I will generate a new support ticket to be sure.

Apparently the crash report support tickets go to an automated system and aren't read by Xara, although the emails you receive from the crash reports state that they do go to support tickets. Just to let others know.