Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Default Re: What are you hoping to see in the next version of Designer Pro?

Lots of good suggestions here.
    I will add one more. A liquify equivalent tool, that could edit multiple selected object at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Rik View Post
    Something as simple as actually telling us the name of the file that has the problem?

Attachment 95649
    Go to File --> Document info. It will say which font isn't installed.

Edit: My bad, I thought I read the name of the font.

+! to the font-name error message being corrected.

For anyone who doesn't experience this, congratulations, but I get it pretty regularly, either because there is a variant being used that isn't really there (like a bold on a non-bold-able font) or because there is a whole font that needs to be substituted. I work with other people in my office, so we often have to look at each others' designs and/or edit them collaboratively. Since we almost exclusively design for the web, making templates for WordPress or Joomla or even sometimes just a standard html mockup, we need to use fonts from the Google library, especially lately. It is often that a font won't be installed, but the file will still load and look right with the partial.

So a common example is that I have 4 projects open at once, each with more than one version and then my partner asks me to look at 2 of her designs. I open them and get the error and dismiss, because I'm just reviewing them. I close Xara and leave for the day and come back tomorrow, open Xara and conveniently, all of my previously-in-use-files open up, and each one that has this error pops up this (pretty useless at that point) dialog. So I might get the error 2 or 3 times in a row. Maybe I want to fix the issue, maybe I don't! But I should be able to hone in on the 3 or 4 files with the issue and not have to look at all 10+ open files to determine which ones are a problem, especially if I would only actually care about 1 of them anyway.

I'd like to see colour management capabilities. In particular the ability to drive the printer directly using an ICC profile in the same way that is possible with the Adobe products. Anything to get the printed output closer to the colours on screen!

I'd like to see the Simulate Print Colors option stick on a per-document basis. If I'm designing something for print, I'd like it to default to that mode whenever I open that particular file.

-- Ben
    -----------------------
    Ben Morgan: ad1066 AT gmail thingy
    Chapter 13 Press: www.chapter13press.com
    Burn After Reading: www.burnafterreadingpress.com

A way to lock the tool bars.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

I know Xara since CorelXara, which I used for signmaking. Alltought Xara support scaling, it does not support surfaces larger than 2.75 meter. I would love to see that, since it would make Xara the all in one tool for webdesign, printing and signmaking and allows for interchanging shapes, text and graphics between webdesign, printing and signmaking.

Quote Originally Posted by teonieuwlande View Post
    I know Xara since CorelXara, which I used for signmaking. Alltought Xara support scaling, it does not support surfaces larger than 2.75 meter. I would love to see that, since it would make Xara the all in one tool for webdesign, printing and signmaking and allows for interchanging shapes, text and graphics between webdesign, printing and signmaking.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by teonieuwlande View Post
    And + 1 again. I don't need this facility very often but it would be handy for when I do.

Also, I've posted this before (in the WD thread I think), but it would be great if the program could give the option to link web projects with the folders they were originally saved in and exported to.

And the ability to switch off font warnings would be good too. I can understand it the first time a project is saved, but every single time?

Me too, but myself and others have been asking for this for years but Xara have always been dead against it.
    James Kelly