Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: What are you hoping to see in the next version of Designer Pro?

OK, or you could close and reopen each document until the error pops up again.

I can see the issue, but it's easily resolved, isn't it?

I think Riks request is reasonable, I've had the same problem the odd time and it should be pretty minor for the devs to just add the document name to the warning dialog. It's not a major problem but if you like to leave a lot of docs open when you close an re-open the program it would effect your workflow more.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

Riks request is entirely reasonable, but it seems to be for a use-case that shouldn't really occur, or at least occur rarely.

I find that my encounters with missing fonts only happens when a client sends me a file and I open it for the first time. The only other problem is when moving to another computer where not all the same fonts are present.

I don't really have a workflow of keeping open lots of files all of the time - sounds like an opportunity to make big mistakes.

It should be a trivial enhancement for Xara to do, though it seems pretty unnecessary to me, even with the explanation.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I've thought of another feature I'd like to see. I'd love to be able to add my own nested folders to the designs and fills galleries. This would enable users to organize files in a much better way. A main folder by document type with subfolders for each client would be the first use that springs to mind.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

And to go with that, an option to backup these folders so that they can be easily ported to a new version of Designer.

+1 on nested folders in the Designs Gallery. I also want to be able to hide the default folders or nest them under a single, collapsible heading so I can access them when I want to, but I don't have to deal with them otherwise.

1. DXF export.
    2. Vector fills.

A Windows 8 fix for Blob size since our dear old Bill has passed away. Before anyone starts I know it can be done in the Reg Edit but surely it can be done in Page Options or User preferences. Also if they aren't going to improve the brushes how about improving "stroke shape pressure profiles" too little has been done in this area for too long.
    Design is thinking made visual.

I would like a better paste function. When you paste a word text and choose from the paste special menu you can choose three types, RTF, HTML and EMF. But once you have chosen you can't paste again and choose another type.

1. Grid fill with a way to add/remove color nodes --I know it was avoided as a pest
    2. No dark gray UI, just the regular UI theme from OS --CTRL-SHIFT-ALT-S should be to put the dark gray back
    3. In-canvas image bitmap editor --pixel mode editing tools including layers and layer effects, a sort of mini PhotoShop --see how Fireworks does it.
    4. Easier way to make and control master pages
    5. More options for corners --"inverse" rounds, slanted, etc --like SerifDraw
    6. More group transparency levels --let each subgroup have a different transparency
    7. Multi-columns for single text boxes, and a way to specify the space between columns
    8. Type transformation --all caps, all lowcase, title cases, etc
    9. Easier format copy/paste in a single UI button --like Word: select original object, click button, select destination object, done
    10. Mood transformation get a drawing and select "moods", like drawingwide plugins to change the drawing to pencil drawn, brush drawn, oil paint, etc, in a "simple" way.
    11. Inspired by #10: canvas textures to mimic art mediums like canvas, sand, stone, etc