Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Default Re: What are you hoping to see in the next version of Designer Pro?

I would like to see something akin to Photoshop's "Magic Wand" tool; the only reason I go into Ps.
    Wichitaito: "Everything is Everything"

Version 9 now includes 'Background Erase', if that's what you mean?

http://xaragroup.magix.net/PGD9Demo1/
    http://xaragroup.magix.net/PGD9Demo2/

More arrowhead shapes and/or user customization and saving of shapes for reuse.
    More dashing patterns and/or user customization and saving of dashing patterns.
    UI of filtering options for ALL font types similar to what is available with Google fonts in WebDesigner9 Premium.

I could imagine having a page up, page down or arrow key usage for faster flipping through the frames in the animation tool.

The ability to select multiple frames at a time in the animation for combined setting changes or move

The ability to move all generated frames of an animation within the page layout/paper size freely at a time

When unselecting a text file with the text tool, to klick on the neighboring area is a common thing in other software packages, but in Xara every time unnecessarily a new text frame is being added. I know you can use the escape button, but would n´t it be user friendlier to do it also the other way ?

When linking from an object to another layer to slide in it would be nice to have the properties/pop-up layer/settings/transition effect/slide in from ride, left or what ever as you wish. For example on one layer to slide in from right and on the following next layer to slide in from left. Currently every time you change the setting on one layer it overwrites the settings for all layers.

A sophisticated “build-in” kit (without having to sign in with a 3rd party) to make forms or on-line shops etc., as well as one to make your own customized image carousels, tint zoom galleries etc.

A sound implementation feature.

Is this too much asked of ?

Default Re: What are you hoping to see in the next version of Designer Pro? >> Text Styles

A way to purge (or deleted) unused text styles

Default Re: What are you hoping to see in the next version of Designer Pro? >> Tab Stops

Tab Stops:

Away to convert existing tab stops by right-clicking (context menu).

Example, change an existing decimal justified stop to center justified.

I'd like to see the webpage export, utilize a popular web framework, basically either Foundation or bootstrap, or even just a simpler grid framework that could integrate with those. Even if it forced you to conform to those frameworks while editing - new css responsive template type, vs the freeform web template
    I'd like more control in blur / shadow. I can never seem to get a shadow or soft blurred edge like Adobe Photoshop can create them. They always look a lot more artificial.
    Bevel edge is completely useless to me the way it currently works.
    Integration with WordPress - that's the number one open source CMS out there, and being able to export to a custom theme would be huge.
    If not the above, then be able to generate code blocks on the templates and in those code blocks to add snippets.
    Responsive web layout control over objects. I'm not smart enough to provide details on what specifics.
    For the things like web widgets, to use the popular open source ones. PrettyPhoto for example instead of the modal currently used.
    be able to choose custom arrow start and end points.
    css3 rounded corners, gradients and any other css3 export support would be great.
    Interactive / animation export using popular JS library like Create.js or other popualr open source library
    Linux / Mac versions - Linux First
    Continued improvement to Illustrator, eps, PDF, svg file support
    Mindmapping Support - nodes and proper connectors - currently
    Stretchable objects with anchored sub objects for mockup wireframing
    Integration with Scribus
    Rip off features from Bohemian Coding's Sketch (because it's only for mac) and Adobe Edge Reflow, because it's cloud only
    Xara has an opportunity to steal Fireworks lovers who are on the Windows platform.
    Xara also has an opportunity to lead Linux support like Valve is doing for games, even if it's just for one or two distros like Ubuntu, Mint or Fedora. And if it takes a Kickstarter to do it, why not give that a shot?
    Data views, whether it be story editors for text boxes, or code editor for code blocks, using a code editor complete with line numbering, that initializes when you double click a code box.

I think xara is a fantastic all around tool. I love it for drawing. I love it for wireframing, to the extent I can do it. It always feels like it's 85-95% the way there on both technical drawing and or for rich bitmap work. I'd like it to keep towards the technical and web end in order to move that direction with Javascript and web integration. The future is interactive content on the web. So you have to

95% of the way there, yet a ton of features yet to include?

That's one seriously big list of wants.

And very ambitious. Even not Adobe with all their money and resources has a tool that can fullfill half of those requirements.

For anyone following my other thread, I'll put forth the transparent blend modes being updated, specifically options like color dodge being added to the options. I doubt this would make this version by chance since it's the sort of thing I would have expected to be in P&GD, but I'll put it up here nonetheless. I supposed I will also add it to the Dear Xara...