Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Copying Header - Menu Pop-Ups over multiple pages

Hi,

My web site has dozens of pages and I have created a header, menu items and pop-ups for drop-down menus. I would like to retain the same exact header and menus throughout. Not wanting to mess this up, what is the best practice to take everything (pop-ups included) and carry it through all the pages? I use "repeat on all pages" for different pieces but I would rather have everything in my header carry on throughout the site saved on my initial page and then automatically updating throughout.

Here is the main site. All the menus from the main page work and one other. I have also attached a test file with a couple pages on it with my example.

http://www.fams2.com/

Thanks in advance.

EZ
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Copying Header - Menu Pop-Ups over multiple pages

After you created your home page Nav Bar and completed its setup, and got out of of eiting it - did you RMB and select "Repeat on all pages"? Doing this replicates the nav bar and its menu structure from the home page across all pages. See if this gets you headed in direction you want to go.

Menu is not a nav bar, it's home grown with lots of moving parts.

I would think that, even though your code is "homegrown", that selecting the entire top section in Xara and repeating it across all pages would still have the same effect as if it were a nav bar widget creation.

QUOTE=ez1138;472897]Hi,

My web site has dozens of pages and I have created a header, menu items and pop-ups for drop-down menus. I would like to retain the same exact header and menus throughout. Not wanting to mess this up, what is the best practice to take everything (pop-ups included) and carry it through all the pages? I use "repeat on all pages" for different pieces but I would rather have everything in my header carry on throughout the site saved on my initial page and then automatically updating throughout.

Here is the main site. All the menus from the main page work and one other. I have also attached a test file with a couple pages on it with my example.

http://www.fams2.com/

Thanks in advance.

EZ[/QUOTE]