Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: slicing shapes leaves transparent lines

you can turn off the anti-aliasing

on-screen anti-aliasing is present in 'High Quality' and 'Very High Quality' view quality settings, but not in the others, so

in the program window menu, change view quality to 'Full Colour' before you export

since this has the effect of turning off the the on-screen anti-aliasing any export you make with this setting active does not have it either

[I am not saying this will necessarily fix your issue...]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Adam, perhaps you are using a Drawing document.

Try using a Web document. These are slightly different doc types which have built-in rounding up/down to maintain clean edges.

For the record, my view quality is always set at at VHQ.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	web.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	24.1 KB 
ID:	95590  

mine too - but the question was asked...
    Last edited by handrawn; 12 April 2013 at 10:41 AM. Reason: typo
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Tried both - as a web doc and lowering the view quality and still get these anti-aliasing lines. Thanks for your ideas guys if you have any more please let me know!

I guess my original question is not really the problem, xara seems to add anti-aliasing lines to most exported shapes, which 99% of the time is fine and probably makes them look better, but it ruins the effect if you need to tile.

Adam, please post your .xar file for me to check.
    There's no reason I can think of why you should be getting a different result than I do. It makes no sense until I see your file.

I have just gave a try too for Adam's posted image, it is perfectly tiled setting a 1000% zoom factor and focusing to the corner of the page with shadow

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a3.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	95598

FOUND IT! I've been pulling my hair out over the past couple of days wondering why when I sliced a rectangle with a line on non whole pixels I could clearly see a line and if I created a bitmap copy and used it as a fill I was getting vertical lines in the fill. However Sledger supplied a xar file were the sliced rectangle was on a .5px position but there was no visible slice line and creating a bitmap copy and using it as a fill created a clean fill.

HERE'S THE ANSWER
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    FOUND IT! I've been pulling my hair out over the past couple of days wondering why when I sliced a rectangle with a line on non whole pixels I could clearly see a line and if I created a bitmap copy and used it as a fill I was getting vertical lines in the fill. However Sledger supplied a xar file were the sliced rectangle was on a .5px position but there was no visible slice line and creating a bitmap copy and using it as a fill created a clean fill.

HERE'S THE ANSWER
    EDIT: This will teach me to check on a threads progress. Steve had already hit on the answer in post #12, 24 hours ago!
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 13 April 2013 at 02:21 PM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Here's my sliced drawing.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Tried both - as a web doc and lowering the view quality and still get these anti-aliasing lines. Thanks for your ideas guys if you have any more please let me know!

I guess my original question is not really the problem, xara seems to add anti-aliasing lines to most exported shapes, which 99% of the time is fine and probably makes them look better, but it ruins the effect if you need to tile.
    Adam, you shouldn't be getting this from either a drawing or web file provided you follow these simple step.
    1: Ensure that your rectangle is of whole pixel dimensions. (400 x 120 pix for example)
    2: Ensure that the rectangle is located on whole pixel co-ordinates (100, 300 for example)
    3: Ensure the "Scale Line Widths" button is off
    4: Ensure your slicing line is set on a whole pixel co-ordinate
    5: Select both, Arrange/Combine Shapes/Slice Shapes. (You may see a very thin slice line in a drawing file but this is false)
    6: Select one of the slices, Arrange/Create Bitmap Copy (This should create a perfect tile every time)

If you're still finding this doesn't work please post your xar file saved just prior to the slicing.
    Egg