Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: Are people losing interest in Xara products?

I do not think that there would be lack of interest of Xara, the Designer Pro X is that version already where people can feel all in one. With more opportunities than idea can come for someone.

Rather I think during the years so lot of good tutorials are that the questioned information typically can be found somewhere, on Xaraxone, in Outsider tutorials, on Talkgraphics or Xara-Users. Or on Youtube channels like Xaraxone, Xhris, Angelize, Sledger, bcire68 etc. have, great materials really.

Inspite of those tutorials I used to ask relatively often

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

First I have moved this to Off Topic as this seems better suited to an off topic discussion.

There are probably a lot of reasons why participation on the forums seem to ebb and flow. The changing seasons are just one of them. There are indeed some areas of North America's west coast where spring has arrived Paul Even here in British Columbia the weather has begun to get warmer (not much drier yet, but warmer )

There is quite a lot of activity right now in the Xara Web design forum with the release of WD9 and there will be an increase in activity in the Xara graphic chat forum later this summer when the next version of DP comes out.

If you want to see more activity in a certain area of the forum start something For example if you would like to see a discussion about text effects open a thread in the Xara graphics chat forum, maybe post an example and invite others to join in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

whilst discussion of TG is maybe off topic forum, the very first question asked:

Am I correct in sensing an increasing lack of interest in Xara products
    is surely a Xara related question and not an off topic one...

these things go in cycles... do a search you will see comments similar in 2007 and 2002 and quite possibly other years as well....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

The pricipal reason to join a forum dedicated to a piece of software, particularly if you are a new user, is to ask a 'how too' question. If you search that question you can usually find an answer with out have to post the question so maybe may posts maybe dont get made because there is such a large resource of information, answers and how too videos available.

I have to admit I was not blown away when I first saw the list of new and improved features in WD Premium 9. But after working with it to write my First Look (Xara Xone), and after bringing some old sites into WD Premium 9 for updates and facelifts, I have to say, there is no going back. There are more than enough new and improved features to make the upgrade worthwhile. Top on my list of likes are the Google Web fonts with the built-in Google fonts browser, and the tremendously simplified publishing. No more browsing down and down and down through the layers trying to remember where you last published your site to on your computer. The new backgrounds are great and add a lot of style and class. Retina display resolution is great for designing for mobile devices. And I could but won't go on and on.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    No more browsing down and down and down through the layers trying to remember where you last published your site to on your computer.
    Please could you explain. My copies of WD9Premium do not remember where I exported/published my site to on my computer.
    Retina display resolution is great for designing for mobile devices.
    How exactly do larger resolution images assist in designing for mobile devices?

I don't understand why this thread is considered an off-topic one either. Quite clearly it is related to Xara software.

picking up on that first question in post #1 [which is indeed the thread title] .. I don't see any evidence of that, given that vector drawing is a minority sport outside of design, and xara is a niche product [can't comment on the web building]

to be honest if xara was taught in schools you would get a few more individuals on board, but the lack of virtually any corporate/team orientated features means it isn't going to break into that market anytime soon
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

This thread was moved into off topic from Xara Graphics as it is not specifically related to creating graphics but rather a more general discussion of interest in any Xara product in relation to activity on the forums. I think its perfectly fine here

I use Xara on a daily basis for page and layout work for print and web and web design. I think that there is a lack of knowledge about Xara programs here in North America, most designers only know about Adobe and I've even come across a few who think I am not a "real designer" because I choose not to use Adobe products if I can help it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    I think its perfectly fine here
    Perhaps you do, but the point is many Xara users never visit the Off Topic forum and will miss out having their say in relation to Xara products as a result, which is what this thread is about.

a few who think I am not a "real designer" because I choose not to use Adobe products

That is the prevalent feeling in the industry. I understand why people feel that way. Adobe has become the common currency of design houses and anyone who wishes to work in a professional design studio will be expected to know how to use Adobe software. Ergo, if you don't use Adobe software you won't look like a "real designer".