Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default New version of Designer MX Pro

We are all no doubt anticipating the release of Designer MX Pro 9. With that in mind I haven't, (this year anyway), bought WebDesigner. However having reworked a couple of sites in the trial version I now need to know if Designer9 is to be released before or soon after my 30 day trial is up.
    I don't suppose anyone has any advanced info on this but it would be nice to get a little enlightenment as it could cause problems if I can't open a site for updating without being forced to buy webdesigner9 twice possibly within weeks of each other.
    Derek

Default Re: New version of Designer MX Pro

I think the 'MX' was only given to Web Designer 8. They have now dropped that for version 9.

Designer Pro version 9 should, if past releases are anything to go by - follow around June.
    But, as we also know from the past, the only clues Xara give are in the Outsider of the month of the release.

My feeling is that it's more than 30 days away for sure..

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I agree that it's likely going to be more than 30 days, however if you do purchase Web Designer 9 when a new version of Designer pro does come out (going by previous years experience) usually you get an upgrade discount.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Derek would be upgrading from DPX and would get a better discount in any case..

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

True but if he purchases WD9 I believe when he upgrades to the next version of DP the upgrade price of WD9 is knocked off of the DP upgrade so it works like a graduated upgrade, you don't get charged for WD9 features twice. At least that's the way it has worked in the past.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

the upgrade price of WD9 is knocked off of the DP upgrade
    There is no upgrade path from DPX to WD9. (that would be a downgrade)
    There is an upgrade path from DPX to the next version of DP.
    I don't believe you can upgrade from 'two' earlier purchased applications.

Anyway, this has gone off topic.
    MAGIX marketeers have the version roll-outs timed to best effect