Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Help!.

Is it only me?

Take a look at this map in the test area of talk graphics.

Map in talk grapics web area

Now look at it in the clients area:

Clientes page

Is it just my IE browser? Or can you see a difference. I see a disjoint in the road next to the Newtownabbey Collage in the clients browser. But when I downloaded the gif to my work desktop it is fine. It is from work that I uploaded it to talk graphics and again there it seems fine.

Anyone else see it. If so any explination?

PS: It is the same browser that I view it with from the clinet and from TG. Also, it looked fine last night in my IE at how!!

Turan

Help!.

Is it only me?

Take a look at this map in the test area of talk graphics.

Map in talk grapics web area

Now look at it in the clients area:

Clientes page

Is it just my IE browser? Or can you see a difference. I see a disjoint in the road next to the Newtownabbey Collage in the clients browser. But when I downloaded the gif to my work desktop it is fine. It is from work that I uploaded it to talk graphics and again there it seems fine.

Anyone else see it. If so any explination?

PS: It is the same browser that I view it with from the clinet and from TG. Also, it looked fine last night in my IE at how!!

Turan

Yes it's got an odd slice. See attachment, which is of a screen grab. However if I download the image file there's no slice. I see from the source file that the image is in a table. I would expect that's where the problem is commimng from.
    Nice site by the way.
    Egg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map.gif 
Views:	381 
Size:	3.2 KB 
ID:	10976  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

But Egg - can the table be the problem? As it is a single Gif (as you will know when you downloaded it) not a sliced image in a table. If it was sliced I could understand.

What makes it more confusing is that the road above does not have the same disjoint [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] thus the disjoint is part of one part of the gif

Turan [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

PS Thanks for the feedback [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

The Width and Height in the IMG tag are wrong, so the image is being scaled a little.

The image file itself is 516x333, but in the HTML it is being forced to 514x332. If you set that right you should be ok.

Thanks for that, did not notice. Get lazy on my WISIWG editor.

Still seems strange the the stretching is not visible in a vertical line i.e. that only one road was hit.

Just not like Northern Ireland [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] usually if one road is hit the're all hit [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] .

Turan

Hi
    I liked the site two nice and clean, and I am sure that photos will do it better when they come, but I have two comments. First - the menu is "moving" a bit from page to page - I think you should try to fix that.

Second - why do you have "menu" on the top of the menu - translated from Norwegian we would perhaps call it "butter on flesh".

Øystein

http://www.heimesider.com

Turan, it looks like the menu only moves on the "finding us" page.

Is it really "NewtownAbbey Collage" or should it be College?

I like the site very much. Only thing I would suggest would be to leave your mouseover state "on" on the page you are viewing. That way visitors will no where they are.

Mickie

Turan,

upon second look, Øystein is right.

You should just take away the word "menu", people will know anyway that this is the navigation.

Apart from that, nice site!

Wolfgang

Hi..

The page is "moving" because the image is pushing the TD out plus TABLE width is set to 75% with 10 px padding. On uncontained percentage width tables that'll do crazy things. I noticed the problem occurs on several other pages as well (even without the image). On most pages the TD floats to something less than 422 px.

I might suggest forcing that TD to 422 px on all pages, then set the TABLE width to 100% and wrap the entire thing in another single-row table at 75%. Put the 10px padding on that outside table and keep the inside table padding to 0-3. There are better ways around the problem, but all of them involve tricking the HTML.

And the other replys are 100% correct..get rid of the MENU thing. Totally not needed.

Nice background color choice.

Later..