Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Site Example

Default Re: Site Example

Here is my example. Looks like WD9 was worth the money for that alone.

http://www.fams2.com/image.htm

I have a follow-up question...

Is there a way to make it span across the page and have other things spanning as well? Basically can I make a top border, a menu line and then this image or do I have to get super-creative to make it happen?

http://www.turtlewax.com/tirewheelhub/

Also, looked what happened when I tried to add a box for my text...spooky WD9. It was in color, then I changed the color to grey and viola...

http://www.fams2.com/image.htm

Anything to fix that?

You should be able to draw other objects on the pasteboard background layer similar the grad filled strips in some of the background templates. You should also be able to use other bitmaps (tiled or not) and set the objects to fill the browser width (draw them much wider that the page so they look more accurate in WD). You can also use various transparency effects to blend one object into another.

Gerry

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    So theoretically, you could drag and drop a background image that was the same proportions as a mobile device (good luck finding a common side) and then a mobile device would scale to the background image?
    The mobile browser must support CSS3 otherwise a static unscaled image will show.

Quote Originally Posted by ez1138 View Post
    Is there a way to make it span across the page and have other things spanning as well? Basically can I make a top border, a menu line and then this image or do I have to get super-creative to make it happen?
    Yes, as Gerry points out you can draw on the pasteboard layer (after unlocking it) then right-click the object and choose Fill browser width
    Tip: If you already have the background in place I suggest you lock that rectangle in the layer gallery to avoid accidentally moving it while messing with stretching strips.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Appreciate the posts. I apologize for potentially not asking one of my more important questions I had. I do like the image that spans the screen. It works well on all my devices which is key. Similar to the Turtle Wax example, what is the best practice to span the image while allowing it to scroll up and down? I will use the solution in certain sites but similar to the Turtle Wax example I would like to scroll down the page and have the image move with it.

Again, many thanks for the comments/insight.

Main pasteboard bg image = No tiling and no filling.
    Add the top shapes as explained by GerryI and myself.

See attached, look at layer gallery and pasteboard objects.
    Preview to see it working and scrolling.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I am finding my way around WD9 premium and this tiled background is just what I have been looking for, thanks for the info.
    Just one thing... the default is for the 'tiled' to be greyed out and I can't find where to change it.
    What am I missing ?
    Thanks in advance.

It's greyed out until there is something to tile.