Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Site Example

Default Re: Site Example

Weird...

Comes up fine on PC's (desktop and laptops) but as soon as I view it on iPad/iPhone, no background image anymore. Any ideas?

www.fams2.com

Yes, I'm seeing this problem with your site, however I've tested Sledgers file and published that and it displays fine on iPad, so I assume that it's something in your file which is preventing it from working.
    Could you either post a cut down version of your file, or submit your file to Xara support http://support.xara.com so it can be investigated please?

I haven't investigated why the image didn't load, but it's a whopping big download for the mobile platform and absolutely huge even for a desktop - 2MB for that background image alone.

I guess the subject matter is really at the fore all over again. Don't forget to have a proper page title.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    It's greyed out until there is something to tile.
    Thank you

Resized it but I do not know if I'm slow but the solution is getting too deluxe and Sledger's .web file with the picture cut in to 3-pieces is not what someone else has said to do. In an attempt to keep this extremely simple, I have attached my file. I want to put 1 image, in 1 piece, for my background with potentially multiple rectangles to use in the background. I have the desire to use my site on all devices with no horizontal scrolling desires, at all, but hope/intend to have the background image scroll vertically.

I know I may be doing some things wrong but I'm hearing a lot of ways to do it.

Again, I love the 1-image, non-cut up option, with WD9 vs. a lot of WD8 or earlier way's to do it.

Really appreciate everyone's time.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by ez1138 View Post
    Resized it but I do not know if I'm slow but the solution is getting too deluxe and Sledger's .web file with the picture cut in to 3-pieces is not what someone else has said to do
    The picture is NOT cut into three pieces. There is one non-tiling, non-stretching centrally placed photo and two rectangles (grouped) set to fill width.
    There may be many ways to skin a cat, what I have shown is a way to have the top 'bars' stretch to fill the width of the viewport while the main background photo is central.

I have the desire to use my site on all devices with no horizontal scrolling desires, at all, but hope/intend to have the background image scroll vertically.
    You are going to have to remove the blue bar off of the mouseoff layer that extends the full width of the pasteboard photo if you don't want horizontal scroll bars.

I know I may be doing some things wrong but I'm hearing a lot of ways to do it.
    Then try them all and chose one that works for you.
    There is no one single way you must do things, the beauty of Web Designer is that there are a number of ways you can go about things to find a workflow that suits you best..