Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default New update isnt worth it

I was greatly impressed with all of the new improvements with MX and I upgraded immediately...however after looking at V9, outside of the 64bit version (which is a bit overdue) I can honestly say this isnt worth the money for previous owners. The
    "new" photo gallery items are old and the same as before with just a different layout, there arent hardly any new buttons to choose from, none of the widgets you charged 30.00 for months ago are included in this (which I felt was a ripoff for the price) and there still isnt a way to get an image to stretch across the page to fit resolutions like a CSS page.

I was really looking forward to this and when the popup appeared I was excited until I saw what it came with. Sorry, Ill stick to MX for now until next year.

Default Re: New update isnt worth it

Quote Originally Posted by michellelinzi View Post
    and there still isnt a way to get an image to stretch across the page to fit resolutions like a CSS page.
    Sorry ol' bean, but you are quite mistaken.
    This and so much more is now possible natively in WD9 Premium...

Default Re: New update isnt worth it

Did you read my Fist Look? http://xaraxone.magix.net/XWD9/index.htm I think there is a lot more going on here than you think.

Having the opportunity to write the review gave me time to go through the product and really appreciate the changes.

Things such as simplified publishing (no more having to find the *&^%$#@!!! folder where you last published your site), 600+ Google fonts. Sure you can get them free from Google but you have to go to the Google site, find the fonts, and then add the links. In WD9 the Google fonts are accessible from the Font menu and embed and link automatically. Page templates that automatically expand and contract as you add or move the content about.

Drag and drop a color onto the nav bar and get a menu to change any or all colors for mouse down mouse over in one step. Better still drag and drop a new navigation bar on top of the one you have and instantly change the nav bar to that style.

There is a bunch more but I am not going to rewrite my review here. Read my review and then decide.