Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Graphic/animation size

I am currently working on a video (hi-def, 1080x1920, 16x9 screen size). I want to add two different graphic elements at different points in the video (amateur home stuff). The first item is a graphic to be used as a static background picture via a green screen technique. The second item is an animation with an alpha channel to overlay a video scene. Both items will be created using Xara. My question is: How big do I make the document & animation so that they will fit seamlessly into the above video? Do I work with a document size of 16x9 inches or 1080x1920 pixels? I realize this is probably a simple question. But I need you experts to weigh in. Thanks.

Bob

Default Re: Graphic/animation size

work in pixels - 1080x1920 is the actual size of the animation, the screen size of 16x9 is not
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Bob 16x9 is a RATIO not a measurement.

The screen is 16 units wide, 9 units high. A unit can be any measurement you wish, 16x9 describes the shape rather than the size.

1920x1080 has the same ratio as 16x9.

and to follow what Paul said my screen is 1920 x 1080 pixels but it is [nominally] 23 x 13 inches ....[in practice 576mm x 324mm]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Hi,
    I do all my video backgrounds and such in Xara Designer Pro it is great for that. I set my page (frame) size to 1920X1080px and then export for static background I use png as export extension.
    For animations I do the same then export as AVI, one drawback to the AVI output is that it doesn't loop, so I have to import into video editor and duplicate a few times to get the length I wish. But this is due to my not quite grasping video times.
    Jim
    p.s. One example
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dinGavin.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	44.5 KB 
ID:	95433  
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card

Thank you all. I would have done it incorrectly (16x9). You have saved me a lot of time.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    For animations I do the same then export as AVI, one drawback to the AVI output is that it doesn't loop, so I have to import into video editor and duplicate a few times to get the length I wish.
    Jim, could you advise what does it mean in details that the AVI output does not loop and what you have to do in an video editor?

Basically I never tried before the AVI exporting, but yes having the same expression that something is not good as leaving default.

Because let's see this simple animation in .xar file:
    Animation.xar
    after that is in .avi:
    http://youtu.be/B-5gCoD2o0M

On the middle of the screen the object seems flashing but why? It is just five frames

I don't see any flashing, either in YouTube or in Xara previews.

It is starting from the 3rd seconds in the video, the middle of the screen is has some small shakes.

The Xara preview is perfect no problem with that (but of course that is without feather and some transparency feature, that is why tried the .avi)

I see it now. The avi seems to be having trouble rendering the circular fill. I've tried a few things, but I haven't found a solution.