Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Webdesigner 9 is out

I don't have any experience with upgrades so before I purchase I would like to know how this will affect the site I'm currently using/making .
    When I saw some of the upgrade information it seems very interesting but I have spend so much time on making my site that I don't really want to redo everything...

The main advantage would be the faster site and more fonts.
    I'm not sure how the adaptability to various screen size would affect the look of my site.

If I download the trial version will I be able to look at the live preview without it affecting the site as is..as long as I don't "save" anything I'm assuming it would work ...

Quote Originally Posted by lindaco View Post
    I don't have any experience with upgrades so before I purchase I would like to know how this will affect the site I'm currently using/making . . .
    Make a copy of the current site, try the trial on it. If everything works fine, you are good to go. If not, you have your original version of both the application and web file.

Mike

OK my question is this - is the web creation stuff in Designer Pro a copy of Webdesigner Premium or just the standard version of webdesigner?
    Joe

Designer Pro has the best of the web design and graphics and photo editing tools.

Web Designer is more concentrated on web design and has fewer tools.

jyoung - The web design tools are about equal in both products.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Also, take care when installing and chose the 'Custom Install' if you want to prevent 'Simplicheck' (bundleware) from MAGIX being installed as well.
    Thanks for that tip sledger. It was too late for me but I used the application to advantage.
    I ran it and found my system was dire but they wanted money.
    I simply downloaded an update to CCleaner (free) ran it and purged "privacy" details, my browsers' caches, cleaned my registry files and other ephemera and then ran simplicheck again.

I found CCleaner had done its usual grand job but simplicheck still managed to flag things as red and critical that I spend money.
    I then uninstalled simplicheck.

Acorn

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Designer Pro has the best of the web design and graphics and photo editing tools.

Web Designer is more concentrated on web design and has fewer tools.

jyoung - The web design tools are about equal in both products.
    Thanks Gary. What I needed to know.
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    ... but simplicheck still managed to flag things as red and critical that I spend money.
    surprise surprise

Magix have been including this in their own versions for a while - I am depressed to see it ported to the Xara versions, things like this should not be installed by default.... the user should be asked, whichever option they choose....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Gary, if one has a site designed in XDPro X and opened the site in the new WD 9, will these "goodies" be ported to the site or does the site need to be re-built from the ground up? I assume that when the new XDPro comes out, it will have all this as well? And a great job - as usual - on the overview. - jb
    - jb

"A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes."
    www.brownpotters.com

jeb - It more a case of being able to add some of the new goodies to the old site.

You can open sites created with Designer in Web Designer and vice versa.

If you open a site created with a newer version, WD9 for example in Designer Pro X, you will see a dialog that says the file was created with a newer version but all the changes should be present and supported.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    If you open a site created with a newer version, WD9 for example in Designer Pro X, you will see a dialog that says the file was created with a newer version but all the changes should be present and supported.
    This is not completely correct, Gary.
    Features new to WD9 will not be supported when opened in older versions of Web Designer or Designer Pro, they are ignored.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ignored.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	17.7 KB 
ID:	95441