Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Webdesigner 9 is out

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Warning to people buying or upgrading to the 64bit version.

32bit Plugin Filters do not work in a 64bit environment. This means there are no Live Effects and any installed Adobe plugin Filters which you are accustomed to using in earlier versions will not be available (unless you have 64bit versions of your plugins)...
    No live effects as in the plug-ins?

Surprised (in a way) that Xara doesn't supply both 32/64 bit versions for the install (like Serif) just for sake of compatibility of PS 8bf plug-ins. Or update the "core" live-effects to work in a 64-bit app ala Adobe Illustrator.

Good thing I can get by just fine without live effects because when XDP arrives, I'll still go for the 64-bit version.

Mike

SimpleCheck

As sledger notes, Magix simplecheck is installed automatically unless you do a custom install. So, if you do not find this stealth installation welcome, go to Start > Control Panel > Uninstall Programs and remove it.

'Simplicheck'

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    Surprised (in a way) that Xara doesn't supply both 32/64 bit versions for the install
    I assume because this would increase the size of the download which would be a waste for people on 32bit Windows installations.
    You can however download and install the 32bit and 64bit versions on the same machine and on the same license.
    (Though you cannot have both versions open at the same time)
    This will give you access to your 32bit plugins and live effects (now under the FX button) when needed.

You can however download and install the 32bit and 64bit versions on the same machine and on the same license.
    Great tip!
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

As Steve mentions you can not have both the 32 bit and 64 bit open at the same time however you can have an older version and a newer version open at the same time. You can copy and paste between them however you must lock any live effects before copying and pasting back into WD9P 64bit
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Default Re: Just Launched: Web Designer 9

I like the new portrait and landscape galleries - would be nice if when the photo is enlarged you could then have that work like the cloud zoom works - - best of both worlds. - jb
    - jb

"A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes."
    www.brownpotters.com

That is more than I expected. For me the HTML5/CSS3 is the biggest hit, that is very powerful and will make the sites much faster. Anyway nicely fit to the profile of a vector graphic application, and the browsers will just more and more support these technologies.

Relating the 64bit that can not try yet but surely good direction, also like the retina display and the automatic object positioning.

The included tiling backgrounds (Designs Gallery) add a nice texture to a site. I used the same from from the home page of my First Look review here http://www.placitasartists.com/j_fish/

Changing the colors from gray and white to warm browns was as simple as a right click and edit the background colors.

And the fixed background is really cool as well. The background stays in the same position when a page scrolls.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	edit.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	61.7 KB 
ID:	95404  

Thanks. Just wasn't clear if this was possible or included.

Mike