Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Creating Headings <h1>

According to bing analyzers, my website does not have headings in the html code. I looked and noticed a lot of "span class" next to the text included in the code. I know this is used to properly position text when it is changed in size, but the headings I create are also described in this code. I guess I am just wondering what I need to do to create <h1> headings in my web page instead of having all text "span class". If anyone understands what I am asking and would like to help, thanks in advance.

Default Re: Creating Headings <h1>

Update to the latest version and you can add heading tags via the new styles menu.

Or for now if you must have H1 you can use an opening and closing placeholder for your opening and closing heading tag.
    See ► http://board.xara-users.info/viewtop...&t=2828#p19228

Welcome to TalkGraphics dbbrownrc

For some reason I cannot find my other posts on this subject. I am being told to either fix this H1 problem in Xara or migrate to another web development tool (aagh!).

I have Designer Pro X but I cannot create an H1 tag on one line when the text expands over 3 lines. It creates multiple h1 tags which Bing (who now have 30 percent of the market) frowns and reports on. Hence I have a site that shows well in Google and poorly in Bing. Of course there may be other reasons too.

Without debating SEO and tags - is it possible to create a single line of code from Xara Designer Pro X without limiting the length of the line or the size of the text? Last time it seems that I was told to put an asterix as a placeholder at the end of line 1 and insert a line break in the placeholder but that creates 2 h1 tag lines of source.

Thanks.....Gary

This is fixed in version 9
    You name the text area htmlblocktext

The resultant code is

<div class="xr_tb Heading_1" style="left:161px; top:47px; width:438px">
    <h1 class="xr_tu Heading_1" style="line-height:1.1em;">
    I cannot create an H1 tag on one line
    when the text expands over 3 lines.
    </h1>
    </div>

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    This is fixed in version 9
    You name the text area htmlblocktext

The resultant code is

<div class="xr_tb Heading_1" style="left:161px; top:47px; width:438px">
    <h1 class="xr_tu Heading_1" style="line-height:1.1em;">
    I cannot create an H1 tag on one line
    when the text expands over 3 lines.
    </h1>
    </div>
    Thanks Steve. I've been awol and missed the release of Pro v9. I'm going to have to go through the annual ritual. The only reason I have Pro now is because of the layers that were not in the original Web Designer. I don't do advanced graphics. But you can bet your boots that if I go to Web Designer 9 I will run into something simple that I need Designer Pro for. Did someone create a post to help with this kind of decision?

Thanks.....Gary

Quote Originally Posted by V12CatMan View Post
    Thanks Steve. I've been awol and missed the release of Pro v9. I'm going to have to go through the annual ritual. The only reason I have Pro now is because of the layers that were not in the original Web Designer. I don't do advanced graphics. But you can bet your boots that if I go to Web Designer 9 I will run into something simple that I need Designer Pro for. Did someone create a post to help with this kind of decision?

Thanks.....Gary
    OK. It looks like a bunch of reading is in order. I need to download and check out the features. With the product now being split it makes sense to stay with Pro. I sure hope navbars work better as well:-)

I'm being pressured on mobile sites too - responsive etc. but that's another story.

Thanks....Gary