Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default adding web pages

I have been designing web pages for years by using HTML AND CSS codes. I thought I would try designing one with the latest version of Xara Designer Pro X. I don't understand the procedure for adding additional pages after the index page. My Xara Designer Pro 6 manual (it's an old manual) said to click on the page I want to add and just drop it on top of the previous page that I've been working on. When I do that I lose the index page. Then I read in the Web Graphics and Web Sites section of the manual to add pages by placing them in the Page and Layers Gallery. The pages move around and don't stay in the proper order in the Gallery. The "about" page replaces the "index" page and other crazy things happen. The navigation bar won't automatically update. What's going on? I like the look of more pictures on the web pages but I am really frustrated at this point.

Default Re: adding web pages

There is a new page icon on the Infobar that has three options, Duplicate Page, New Page, and Delete Page.

Also you can select these options in the Page and Layer Gallery.

You can right click on the page (but not on any content) and Copy or Cut a page and you can Paste a Page.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new page.png 
Views:	75 
Size:	11.5 KB 
ID:	95342  

censtudios, I would open and pin the Page and Layer Gallery; you are going to now work from here.
    Next, I would click on your Index page and further click on the right arrow to the page's left.
    The menu buttons change and you must ensure you click on the Pages button to be in the correct mode.
    If you now click the New page button, you will get a blank page immediately under your current page.
    If you click the Duplicate button, you will get a copy of your current page also beneath; you also get the option to rename the page at this point.

You can build up your site quite quickly but I usually create my Index page first as a 'template' page with guides and then add Repeat on all pages to menus and other site structure before I create new pages.

You can then alter the links to your navigation buttons in one place and the changes replicate across all your site pages.

Acorn

Further to the above you can also Alt+Select & drag pages and move their ordering in the page list.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks for your replies. I will try them and hope they work as easily for me as they seem to do for you. Thanks.