Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default XT-CMS - Your experiences? We're considering, but not impressed with support so far

XT-CMS seems like a great product for Xara users. In fact, we're considering it not only for one of our clients (and future clients, too), but for our own in-house sites as well. What concerns us is that we sent them an inquiry several days ago and have received nothing from them. No message, no acknowledgement of our email, nothing. That's worries us, because if we install this for a client and we need support for that client in, say, a year or two, what will happen then? What assurance do we have that XT-CMS has stability now, much less in the relatively near future?

We're curious what experiences others have had with XT-CMS and if you'd recommend it for such mission-critical applications as we've detailed above. Any comments, anecdotes, case studies, etc. are welcome.

Please note that Tom, who I believe owns XT-CMS, has left very helpful and friendly posts on other boards in the past. But lately he seems to not be posting much at all. We in no way mean this to slam XT-CMS; we simply want to know if this is a "safe" (being a relative term in the fluid world of the Internet) company to invest our resources in.

Thanks all in advance for your input. We greatly appreciate it!

Best,
    RDS
    Diamond Pacific Media Group

Default Re: XT-CMS - Your experiences? We're considering, but not impressed with support so

Hi I actually replied to your email yesterday, not sure why you didn't get. It might have went into spam as my host has been having blacklisting issues lately. If you don't get a reply feel free to post your questions on the forum as well.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

Default Re: XT-CMS - Your experiences? We're considering, but not impressed with support so

Hi, Tom:

My apologies. We'd white-listed your domain and didn't expect anything to go to spam. However, it did, and I neglected to check it. So the fault is mine. Thank you for taking the time to let us know! Lesson learned!

RDS
    Diamond Pacific Media Group