Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Wierd behaviour

Default Wierd behaviour

I have two slight problems that are perplexing me. This web site www.cradleyparishcouncil.org.uk which I have not long redesigned and published has developed a couple of niggles.

First is in IE the pages open then seem to go off and then appear again as if they are redrawing though a lot faster. I assume it is a EI problem as it doesn't happen in Chrome or firefox. Secondly it seems that the phone numbers in EI and firefox have been converted to skype numbers without my action in EI and forefox but not in Chrome.

Any ideas. It's the niggly ones that drive you mad.

Ken

Default Re: Wierd behaviour

1. I'm not seeing the problem you have mentioned in IE.
    2. You're seeing this with the phone numbers because you have got the Skype toolbar widget installed in those browers, so it automatically chnages the numbers to Skype buttons. Others won't see this if they do not have the Skype toolbar/widget installed (or they will see the same as you if they do have it installed) there's nothing in Web Designer that you can do to chnage that, that's what having the Skype toolbar installed does automatically on all web pages.

Default Re: Wierd behaviour

Thanks Pete, it is good to know that the "redrawing" is at my end. As I don't use EI or FF as browsers and chrome exclusively then skype must have installed itself without permission. Don't you just hate that?

Good to know that it all appears to be ok. Sometimes it's good just to see things through another's eyes (or web browser!)

Ken