Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: site nav bars

Default site nav bars

I am using site nav bars. Is there any way to be able to have them in different places on each page? By default they seem to repeat on each page in the same position. This is not always convenient.
    Many thanks,

Default Re: site nav bars

while on the page where you dont want the nav bar in the same place. right click and select 'stop updating' - then you can move it where you wish.
    You will of course thereafter need to remember that when you update the navbar that you will also have to update it on the page/s where you have selected 'stop updating' for that object.
    "Your never too old to Rock and Roll" ......
    ~Ronald Belford Scott 1946-1980

Thanks TX, I knew there must be some way of doing it.

You can also create more than one navigation bar. So, for example you can have a vertical and a horizontal one, or one at the top and a different one at the bottom of the page.

Hi Gary,
    Is there an easy way to have 2 different nav bars on one website? I did a French/English site once where I had 2 groups of pages - one French and one English. I had different nav bars for each group. The groups were brought together to a common welcome (index) page. I managed it but it seemed a bit messy at the time. I think that I had to create the second (French) nav bar, put it on all pages and then delete it from the English pages. It worked but is there a better way?

I would create two separate sites. Have the two small flag icons which will link to the appropriate site.

If your site is mysite.com, create a sub-folder and name it mysite.com/french Publish your French version to this sub-folder as it is a new website. So it will have an index.htm(l), a index_htm(l)_files folder and all the HTML pages.

Many thanks Garry. I never thought of that but it sounds like a good idea. So are you saying that I should put say the English site and the link page into my basic site and the french site into a subfolder? What is the form then for linking say the French flag on the link page to the new french folder? I think that I know the answer but until i give it a try ..........................
    Best regards

Please, I'm new on Web Designer and I have a link related problem: All links of my website works fine on Xara browsertest, but when published it not open the linked page. What is this? how can I resolve it?

Many thanks for some help.
    Cheers,
    Polinesio

Peebs24 - one r Gary

Polinesio - Welcome to TalkGraphics

Can you give us a link to the page with the links that don't work?

Many thanks for your attention.
    My website is www.polinesio.net, it is running by now, but aleatorily the links on navbar and some others don't open.