Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How do I position/size text without changing location/size of border

Title says it all

Default Re: How do I position/size text without changing location/size of border

Welcome to TalkGraphics

I'm afraid the title does not say it all. Please be more specific and we'll do our best to help you out. A screen capture is useful or an example of what you are tying to accomplish helps.

Default Re: How do I position/size text without changing location/size of border

Hi Gary - take a look at his previous thread, I'm way out of the loop with xara 3D but I think one thread would cover it all...

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...ing&highlight=
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I just had a quick delve into the help [which often does] - in version 6 you would go to menu options> design where you can adjust the x/y coordinates of the text relative to the border [well relative to the design technically] as well as a couple of other things

does this help you?...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thanks for your reply.

I must have forgotten how to do what I want, as I recalled doing it pretty simply yesterday. In the Design Options, set the first drop-down to Border (if you set it to Text, the border disappears and the text resizes), then use the Size slider to size the overall text, use the X and Y slider to position the text. I thought I had recalled moving the text with the mouse, but that seems to be the one thing you cannot do with the mouse.

Thanks. How do you post a screen cap?