Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Frustrating Product Limitatations? Backgropund Image and Frame Sizing

As with all great products, especially those that are easy to use and generally inexpensive, I seem to have hit the wall on functionality. I need to size the background image, as it is too tall to fit in the design window (even with Display Frame turned off). I have a multi-monitor with monitors of different size (my main monitor is a 32" TV (niiiiiice). Unfortunately it is not 1080p (1360x768 - saaaaad), so the aspect ratio is wider than tall. My side monitors are regular 17" VGAs with 1280X1024 resolution. I really need to be able to develop graphics on the big monitor due to eyesight limitations.

I notice that when I drag the main product window from my big monitor to any of the smaller ones, all the object size settings in my Xara session go haywire (not nice at all - bad product design).

That being said, I need to know if there is any way I can resize the background image to fit the Xara main window inside the Xara product.

The other real pain, is that I added a border to the design, and I want to use it to border the background image, not the text. Stretching the border works - sort of - When I initially added the border, it automatically sized to border the text, and whereas I can make the text larger and smaller inside the frame, I can't seem to grow the border to fit the background image

How can I easily size the BORDER in both the horizontal and vertical axis?

Just for grins, I will add that since I have a four monitor setup, and one of the monitors is configured to be "above" my main monitor, I can size the Xara main window beyond the top of my main monitor and get the image to fit in the window that way. That is both cheezy, and would not be available to most users, as few have four monitor setups like mine.

Thanks for any help
    Last edited by dxthomas; 16 March 2013 at 04:28 PM.