Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Problem installing Web Designer Premium Version 8

handrawn - Thank you for your patience. I'm in contact with support now. Their instructions haven't solved the problem yet, but I will continue to pester them (nicely). Would you like to know when (if) I get it resolved?

yes - thanks

the solution to a problem is always good to post, for future reference..

-------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

handrawn,

I put in a question to support last Friday night. They responded Monday, but their solution didn't fix it. I gave them step by step description (with screenshots) on what I did so they could tell me what I did wrong and they're not responding. What's the average wait time for them to answer? I have a bunch of websites I can only edit with Xara. I'd be in trouble if I couldn't get Xara Premium running again. Is there a way one can pay for quicker support? I've always had better response with the forums - but if they're the only ones who can help me - I'm at a loss.

Hi

they are only a small company it can take several working days [ie weekends not included]

if it's critical you could consider downloading a trial of Designer Pro X which AFAIK will open and edit anything built with Web Designer premium, but there will be some differences in usage [the trial is fully functional for up to 30 days.]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thanks so much for all your help. I finally heard from them. Apparently, I kept making new posts with steps I was making and it set my ticket back. I tried what they asked me to do and still no luck. I emailed them back - but I sent it through my email? Will they still get it? Before, I've been posting on the support website. I don't want to do both for fear of putting my ticket back.

I am currently able to run XaraXtreme 5.1 on a MacBook Pro via parallels. I did have some problems installing XaraXtreme 4.0 and gave up trying to install that.

I can't really offer much advice apart from using the windows uninstaller and to remove the existing installation and reinstalling directly via parallels (though I'm not sure it makes any real difference).

I'm currently using the latest version of MacOSX and Windows 7 with Parallels 8.

Stick in there.

I know there is at least one other Parallels user running Xara software out there, but I can't remember who!